Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Mirrors as Portals?

Request a new Forum Board Topic send Steve (Admin) a pm with your suggestions.

Moderators: Steve, Helen

ColeWayne

Unread post Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

I've talked about this before in regards to my own home. I live with my parents and about 8 years ago after my aunt passed away, my mother put her old mirror in their bedroom. I don't know exactly how old it is, but I would venture a guess it's at least from the 70's or 80's (possibly older). I do have photos of this mirror if anyone's interested. My mother also set up a regular closet door mirror across from the antique one because she often cuts her own hair and needs to see the back of it. Due to an increase in paranormal activity in the house, I'm very certain this set-up created a pathway of sorts or a door for things to come and go through. We haven't moved the mirrors, as we don't want to trap anything in our home that shouldn't be there. I have done a few cleanses in that room and I have an entity of some kind that seems to guard it.

However, I had something else happen to me elsewhere. I was in the bathroom at work, which is just a public bathroom set up. However, it has two horizontal, rectangular mirrors set up above the sink and above the wall behind it, which creates an eerie "this space goes on forever" illusion. I use this bathroom all the time without much thought. However, there was an incident when I was washing my hands at the sink. Looking into the mirror above the sink, I could see the mirror behind me and its reflection. I went to turn around to get a paper towel and when I saw the reflection in the opposing mirror (and now the reflection in the mirror above the sink as well) the mirror behind me above the sink had my correct body position and reflection, but the mirror straight ahead of me still, briefly, showed my back and it did quickly turn and become my regular reflection again. But there was definitely a moment when it was out of sync and it really freaked me out.

I've researched some reasons that a reflection could be out of sync, but I've only had this happen the one time. It's not a regular occurrance with these mirrors.

Has anybody had any strange experiences with mirrors? Do you believe mirrors can be portals or doors to other places?
"Passion. It lies in all of us. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl."

Atcero

Unread post Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:42 am

I know mirrors can be used to make loops to trap spirits, like how that public restroom is to a degree. Maybe you were briefly caught in that "loop"? The typical method for trapping though is having them right up next to each other, creating a closed loop where there is no where to "escape" to. I also know of people using black mirrors as ways to scry and such, perhaps a symbolic way of producing a "mirror" image to what is happening or what they are scrying for. Those are my thoughts off hand though, I know there are a myths in Japanese mythology (not sure which religion, I believe its Shinto) that has a Mirror "Demon" as well.

Return to “Paranormal Topic Specific Boards”

• Information