Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

An Odd Question About Loss

Lost a loved one? Trying to cope with your loss or wish to help others?

Unread post Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 am

Hey all, hopefully this is the right section to post a question like this in.

Just today our family's dog passed away at the ripe old age of 17 (around 90-100!), been with us a long time but he's been too old to enjoy life for a while now, so I'm happy he's finally released. I didn't feel sad at all when he was in his final hours or minutes, however after he had passed I found myself strangely upset - not from losing him , but from seeing his body empty of his essence or aura (I actually took great interest in observing it suddenly shrink and disappear within the period of a second).

So my question is if any of you have any insight that might help me understand this. It almost felt like there was some sort of perversion, or tragedy, in seeing a lifeform become a mere object, like someone defacing something sacred, a living face being reduced to looking like taxidermy. It just felt wrong to see no aura from what always had up until then. I was expecting to feel sad about never seeing him again, but yet the thought of that doesn't bother me at all, in fact it's very satisfying to me that he's no longer waiting to be freed from the cage his body has been to him. It seems to me like this sensation of sadness comparable to grief, is definitely not anything to do with the loss of a loved one but is more to do with something spiritual/psychic, so this is why I think you guys are the ones to ask.

So yeah, I'm quite puzzled at this and I'd love if anyone has any experiences or knowledge spiritually that might give me a clue as to why this happened to me.

Thanks for the help, really is great to have a crowd to talk to about these things who won't just call me crazy haha! :rolleyes:

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream".

Unread post Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 am

Hi Raven

Just wanted to say...

Sorry for the loss of your pup.
I don't think this is odd at all. I can relate when I lost my dog end of 2016 (was with her as they did the euthanasia) and have to agree there's something crippling about seeing that transition. As you say... it's all so quick, it's hard to take it in

Yet there is comfort in knowing they are going to be peaceful and free of suffering

Not odd at all, I think it just seems that way sometimes as we're taught to not speak much of our grief and experiences with it. I completely understand where you're coming from

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A. A. Milne

ABT Team

Unread post Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Sorry about the loss of your Dog, but totally understand what you were saying .
There is something to be said about watching the life force leave something , be it animal or human. It is hard to be sad when they are no longer suffering, it brings a sense of joy that they are now free.

I find it very humbling to look at a vessel (body) after passing , be it my father when he passed or my cat or horse when they passed. It's gives you a real sense of the life force they had , but at the same time it gives you the sense that all that energy has moved on and is no longer attached to that body , it really is just a shell. It feels like the very thing we were connected to no longer is in that body . The body is not the scared part of life the energy/life force is, what you witnessed was just that, that our energy moves on and is not connected to our bodies as it is Eternal . I think it is very spiritual when we observe and actually see how nature and our creation was actually intended.
A woman's medicine pertains to her natural personal affinity to create and bring forth life, nurture and foster love for her children, her partner, her family and �bring love to the world

Return to “Bereavement & Grief”

• Information