Street Epistemology is a dialectical approach intent on helping people reflect on the reliability of the methods used to arrive at deeply-held beliefs.
Street Epistemology (SE) is the application of epistemology (the study of knowledge) outside of formal academic contexts.
It is a method and an approach for having meaningful, civil, non-confrontational, respectful, and productive conversations that are orientated toward aligning our beliefs with reality.
The aim of Street Epistemology is to help people examine the processes they use to come to knowledge, become more reflective about their beliefs, and break through dogmatism.
Street Epistemology is dialectically based, grounded in the Socratic method, and modified by recent evidence-based advances across a wide spectrum of disciplines, such as motivational interviewing, applied philosophy, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Reason-based processes — utilization of the most demonstrably reliable processes.
- Belief on the basis of evidence.
- Not pretending to know things one does not know.
- Doxastic Openness — willingness to revise one's beliefs when presented with sufficient evidence.
- Attempt to avoid defensive posture.
- Focus on questioning and understanding, not debating.
Paranormal Psychic Forums
Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.
What are your personal beliefs, please share in your thoughts.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests