Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Study Finds 55% of Nurses Report Paranormal Experiences

Post here for all your questions, stories and experiences, share with us.

Owlscrying

Unread post Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Nurses are often first-hand witnesses to the deaths of terminally ill patients under medical care. For that reason, nurses have a unique opportunity to observe the moments just before and after death that most individuals rarely get to see. It’s natural, then, that nurses might catch a glimpse behind the veil separating the worlds of the living and the dead – if such a veil exists at all. To confirm the presence of such a veil, a recent study found that the majority of nurses from eight Argentinean hospitals reported having witnessed strange, unexplained, or paranormal phenomena while on the job, usually related to death or near-death.

The report will be published in the upcoming issue of the Journal of Scientific Exploration, a journal devoted to peer-reviewed scientific studies of paranormal and anomalous phenomena. According to authors Alejandro Parra and Paola Giménez Amarilla, 55% of the Argentinian nurses surveyed reported at least one instance of a paranormal or unexplained experience related to their duties:

Results showed that of the 100 nurses surveyed, 55 of them reported having had at least one anomalous experience in the hospital setting, the most common being the feeling of ‘presences,’ hearing strange noises, voices, or dialogues, noticing the tears or groans of patients, and intuitively ‘knowing’ what disease patients have.

Nearly 20% of the nurses reported that patients experience near-death experiences and 18% report witnessing patients healed by “religious intervention.” The study found that in general, these nurses accepted the phenomena they witnessed and were not frightened or surprised by them:

Source

Samanthaj

Unread post Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:18 am

That's amazing, 55% :)

I have a few friends who are nurses and carers in a facility. (Some hospice, some paramedics and some psychiatric and every single one of them has experienced / witnessed paranormal activity. Most of it is just quite intruiging

Commonly it's people who have reported that they can see loved ones prior to their passing. Not only the patients have expressed happiness that their friends and family are ''before'' them, but also the activity that happens whilst all this is going on :) (slight things)

Then there is the theory that one can hold out to make it to major milestones before eventually finding the peace to leave <3

There are also reports of fire alarms that have gone off to alert nurses one of their patients needs to be checked on and 9/10 times it's been correct, that patient has needed something (drinks, bathroom, etc)

Another report of an old ward matron who can still be seen walking the building at night to continue checking that ''all is running well'' (saw him myself, that was amazing). He had a huge love for his job and the running of the place. It seems when he passed away nothing is different, still visits to check on everyone, staff & patients.

I've spoken to hospital security/porters at an old hospital here in the UK that was used during the first world war for those who had severe burns. There is a long old (original building) walkway to get from one section of the hospital to another. You can really feel presences there and the security told me they can still hear men talking when they are going down this walkway at night to transfer people- nothing frightening about it, just so interesting :)

Then my other friends have told me about a hospital room that they hate to use in general for patients because every patient that went into this room tended to deteriorate. They thought it was coincidence until it just kept-on-happening. In the end I advised them to get some spiritual help in and they eventually got in a priest who lit candles in said room and prayed in there , etc. Since then, nothing bad in that room and no more reports of patients deteriorating. He told me they used to shake their heads and after years of this said room being 'cursed' (as he put it) all was fine and well. I think it might've been a collective energy if makes sense. Energy that just built up and built up (being that we can't smudge hospitals) which is a shame (but I understand it's too dangerous)

oh so many stories but i'm glad people are talking about it :)
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A. A. Milne

angel722

Unread post Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 am

I believe that, though I thought the number would be higher. This may be due to differing religious/spiritual beliefs, beliefs on life and death in general or maybe the lack of belief of an afterlife.
The high rate of activity also makes sense. If they are earthbound or still transitioning, they could still be in a state of shock or moving on, attached to their physical bodies still, confused, traumatized or sticking around to comfort their loved one's. There is so much electrical and emotional energy in hospitals and rarely get cleansed. People also have attachments sometimes and if they die there, the entity has to move on to someone else.
My MIL is a hospice nurse and she has told me of afew stories about seeing their souls leaving the body upon death. It's bitter-sweet because you see them suffer for weeks and sometimes month's so death is an end to their suffering. But also watching the familes left behind, more often then not, it's devestating because even though they have had tie to prepare, how do you really prepare yourself waking up in the morning and they not being there anymore. It's a tough situation. She tells me the one thing that saves her around all of this sadness is to be able to offer comfort and knowing their loved one's are no longer in pain and can continue life in a beautiful place.
This is an wonderful article and aot to think about. Thank's for posting it!
Blessed Be,
Angel

Samanthaj

Unread post Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 am

angel722 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 am
I believe that, though I thought the number would be higher. This may be due to differing religious/spiritual beliefs, beliefs on life and death in general or maybe the lack of belief of an afterlife.
The high rate of activity also makes sense. If they are earthbound or still transitioning, they could still be in a state of shock or moving on, attached to their physical bodies still, confused, traumatized or sticking around to comfort their loved one's. There is so much electrical and emotional energy in hospitals and rarely get cleansed. People also have attachments sometimes and if they die there, the entity has to move on to someone else.
My MIL is a hospice nurse and she has told me of afew stories about seeing their souls leaving the body upon death. It's bitter-sweet because you see them suffer for weeks and sometimes month's so death is an end to their suffering. But also watching the familes left behind, more often then not, it's devestating because even though they have had tie to prepare, how do you really prepare yourself waking up in the morning and they not being there anymore. It's a tough situation. She tells me the one thing that saves her around all of this sadness is to be able to offer comfort and knowing their loved one's are no longer in pain and can continue life in a beautiful place.
This is an wonderful article and aot to think about. Thank's for posting it!
Blessed Be,
Angel

I would've thought the turn-out would be higher too, but I guess with it being a small poll (and as you say differing views and such)

I hear you... there really is no way to prepare, but bless all those who care for terminally ill with love and care

and those who have open minds to accept their patient's beliefs. Considering they bring comfort at these times <3
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A. A. Milne

ShadowOfLight

Unread post Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Nice, but, agree. Thought percentage would be much higher. Then again, it is a public admittance. So, therefore, fortunate to have the number so high.
When I am gone and all light is lost, you will see me again...

Piscesdreamerxo

Unread post Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 am

I used to be a nurse assistant and definitely felt weird energy at a nursing home I worked at. Its too bad there isn't a spiritual cleanser at those places, I would imagine there be so much stuck energy, depression, loneliness and regret too

Return to “Talk Paranormal General Discussion”

• Information