Paranormal Psychic Chat & Forums

Community chat forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Join Us In Live Chat!!! Click Here

Your Own Inner Helper

A special place to grow and learn.

Echo Storm

Unread post Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Within you, there's somewhere between your heart and gut area (some say it's in heart or gut area, depending upon the person), there is a voice. It's a feeling that comes off as a voice. It's a feeling without an emotion. It's always calm no matter what happens in life. It's inner knowingness. Many refer it as intuition. Some say it's the voice of your higher self. Some say it's the voice of higher power. Whatever you want to name it, what you feel most comfortable with, and I just don't want you feeling stuck here.

I've been completely deaf since when I was one year old. I came from a Christian background and I still live in a state that is known as "Bible Belt State". I have begged God to talk to me, to help me. I waited for a thundering voice from on high and when it didn't come, I felt abandoned. I even took it a step further and decided God wasn't there for me. Sometimes I couldn't make a decision because of the fear that I will make a mistake again, and I am not hearing anything from God on this. I didn't trust myself because I thought that my family knew God and can get answers from God. So I learned not to trust myself and my own sense of truth, my own inner authority. I desperately want God to shout to me from the Heavens or put the writing on the wall when I am hurting. It's easy to feel abandoned when we are upset, but truthfully, we aren't. Then one day, I was told by a wonderful friend: "God doesn't shout. God whispers. Our job when faced with a crisis is to calm ourselves, go within, and listen for the gentle voice inside". Somehow it doesn't seem fair that when we are all riled up and upset, we have to calm ourselves in order to hear this voice, but the truth is we need to do that.

This shook me to the core when my friend told me that. Why? Because I was never taught how to hear this voice within me. It wasn't clear in the Bible, or the church doesn't teach or talk about it. My family didn't say anything about it, either. Instead of empowering us at an early age to develop our personal relationship with God, we were taught that God is removed from us, distant from us and the image hasn't been very loving for some of us. For the whole time, I was completely clueless.... My entire life, I didn't know about this. Have you been there in that place before? If yes, please know that you are not alone, and you are in a safe place to share your heart with us because I have been there, too..... My heart goes out to you.

I will write more on this later. To be continued....
Last edited by Echo Storm on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

Forever Cursed

Unread post Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 pm

We often times create our own reality and when things don't work out the way we think they should become disheartened. There is the way we think it should be and the way it actually is. And often times we want immediate gratification. But is what we want really what we need? The fact that you went from disenchanted to a higher understanding shows both maturity and growth.

Echo Storm

Unread post Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:28 am

I just found this song called, "Voice of an Angel", and I found it to be very encouraging for me. I hope it does for you, too!

Lyrics:
When I’m lying in the darkness

And I’m half afraid to sleep

I keep thinking of tomorrow

And the thoughts that lie so deep

Then I pray in talking whispers

Cause I know that somewhere here

Is the presence of an angel

Come to calm me through my fear

And who are you who guides me

My messenger of light

Will you walk beside me now

Beyond the day and night

Oh who, who are you who guides me

With words I cannot write

It’s the voice of an angel,

The voice of an angel,

The voice of an angel

Come to hold me close this night

When I close my eyes

And open the window of my heart

For I know that you will listen

Even though I kiss the dark

And as I’m slowly breathing

O the night just lingers on

I hear the voice of an angel

Come to calm me with the song

And who are you who guides me

My messenger of light

Will you walk beside me now

Beyond the day and night

Oh who, who are you who guides me

With words I cannot write

It’s the voice of an angel,

The voice of an angel,

The voice of an angel

Come to calm me through my fear

It's the voice of an angel,

The voice of an angel,

The voice of an angel come to calm me here tonight
Last edited by Echo Storm on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

JustSumGuy

Unread post Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Wow what an interesting read. This made me think of my own life and how i have struggled to find this voice or acknowledgement that God hears me. I have come to understand that for me personally he doesn't speak directly, but it's something 10-20 moves ahead that is working in the backround. It is frustrating i would be lying if i said it's always been easy. I also grew up in a church backround and to be honest i have never felt at home in those type of settings. As i grew older it actually became very uncomfortable to even attend church for various reasons, but mostly it made me feel worse than when i came. I have struggled with lonliness my entire life and some of it is probably my own doing, but ever since i was young i have always been like this. I honestly wouldn't wish it up on anyone as the toll can be heavy. One thing it does do is puts a spotlight on your inner thoughts and gives you time for lots of contemplation which is where i realized that i do have an inner voice and my own thoughts. It's very empowering to realize this. It is a great source of knowledge and information about yourself and the world around you as well.

Echo Storm

Unread post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:22 am

JustSumGuy

Should I fear or should I love God? If I fear God, I can't love God. What I find to be truly amazing is that everyone agrees in religious groups, churches that God is all loving, all powerful, and all knowing. Then interject God's mean, hateful, nasty, tyrannical, and human eyes. We can't have it both ways. So I chose to believe in all perfect loving God because to love God with all my heart, it really wipes all of other flotsam and jetsam or garbage. So to speak of... We love God and then thereby loving God so much that we are gonna do what is right. And that's the truest course of spirituality. Once we rid of all those garbage, flotsam and jetsam, or dogma teachings, we will see how loving this inner voice is.

Anyway, I am glad you realized this. And you are right... it is not easy to hear this "inner voice". The problem is that most of us have so many different voices inside that it is hard to know which one is our inner voice. Over the course of our lives, we internalize the voices of many others - our family, friends, our inner child and we deem them conscience. There are all the voices from society, the church, our teachers, our bosses, our neighbors, and etc. They tell us what to do in any given situation. And then there are all the internalized voices of the various emotions we experience, such as fear, anger, or sadness. Then there's the most dominant voice of all, in most of us which is our mind that is known as the intellect, the voice of reason, logic, common sense, and practicality. All of these voices chatter away inside us throughout the day, and they can cause an awful lot of static and confusion. Like you said, inner voice is like in the background!
Last edited by Echo Storm on Sun May 12, 2019 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

DesertRat56

Unread post Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:08 pm

Justsomeguy & Loving Silent Voice, Thank you for posting what you did. I grew up with parents who were indifferent to church but religious and felt guilt when some relative would chastise them for not taking the kids to church. That's when we went, or when we visited relatives we had to go with them to church. It never made any sense to me, and like Justsomeguy, I felt very lonely because when I read the bible to find the quotes that people insisted meant something, I found that the quotes were misquotes of fragments of sentences and when the whole sentence was read (english language bible has very long convoluted sentences) it would mean the exact opposite or have nothing to do with what the adult said it meant. So I was cynical at a young age and had no use for church. Luckily my parents didn't force us to go, except when my dad had been chastised by a realtive. And if we were invited by a friend to a different church, we were allowed because my mother thought we need as much information as possible before we decide what we believe. She even had a big fight with her family because she would not baptise us as babies. She said the baptism would be up to us individually, not up to her due to pressure from relatives. I still appreciate her attitude about that. As for who god is, we all have to make that choice of belief because the proof of any of it is subjective. The physical proof is there, the planets, the trees, the rocks, the people, the animals, but it is not considered proof. There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, of being an atheist, or a muslim, or a christian, or what ever belief but there is a lot wrong with trying to force others to submit to your beliefs and I have had too much experience with people who call themselves christian trying to make me submit to them and their beliefs to the extent that the word christian is a trigger word for me. I have been working on that and acknowledge it is a trigger that I have control over. It no longer sends me in to anger just seeing or hearing the word, but I still do not trust any business that has the phrase "good christian" on their sign or advertisement. I think I would have the same reaction if it said "good muslim" or "good buddhist", but I have never seen that. :) We all have to take responsibility for our thoughts, fears and actions. God is not an entity, vengeful or loving, but an energy/reality that permeates everything. That is my understanding and I talk to animals, rocks, computers, trees, what ever I feel like communicating with.

The title of this thread is Inner Development and I think expressing our feelings is a good start to inner development. Thanks. I hope all are well.

Return to “Inner Development”

• Information