Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Your Own Inner Helper

A special place to grow and learn.

Loving Silent Voice

Unread post Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Within you, there's somewhere between your heart and gut area (some say it's in heart or gut area, depending upon the person), there is a voice. Many refer it as intuition. Some say it's the voice of your higher self. Some say it's the voice of higher power. Whatever you want to name it, what you feel most comfortable with, and I just don't want you feeling stuck here.

I've been completely deaf since when I was one year old. I came from a Christian background and I still live in a state that is known as "Bible Belt State". I have begged God to talk to me, to help me. I waited for a thundering voice from on high and when it didn't come, I felt abandoned. I even took it a step further and decided God wasn't there for me. Sometimes I couldn't make a decision because of the fear that I will make a mistake again and that I am not hearing anything from God on this. I also learned to look up to others such as my family, and didn't trust myself because since my family are strong christians and I thought that they could hear God and have answers for me. So I learned not to trust myself and my own sense of truth, my own inner authority. I desperately want God to shout to me from the Heavens or put the writing on the wall when I am hurting. It's easy to feel abandoned when we are upset, but truthfully, we aren't. Then one day, I was told by a wonderful friend: "God doesn't shout. God whispers. Our job when faced with a crisis is to calm ourselves, go within, and listen for the gentle voice inside". Somehow it doesn't seem fair that when we are all riled up and upset, we have to calm ourselves in order to hear this voice, but the truth is we need to do that.

This shook me to the core when my friend told me that. Why? Because I was never taught how to hear this voice within me. It wasn't clear in the Bible, or the church doesn't teach or talk about it. My family didn't say anything about it, either. Instead of empowering us at an early age to develop our personal relationship with God, we were taught that God is removed from us, distant from us and the image hasn't been very loving for some of us. For the whole time, I was completely clueless.... My entire life, I didn't know about this. Have you been there in that place before? If yes, please know that you are not alone, and you are in a safe place to share your heart with us because I have been there, too..... My heart goes out to you.

I also know that we may have this fear of what our intuition might tell us to do if we asked for guidance and we wanted to live fulfilled, spiritual lives, we worried about what course our lives might take if we really did follow the guidance of our intuition. We may looking at our intuition in a religious way, fearing what God might ask us to do. This common fear about life that would be saying like, "no more fun, just a lot more hard work". What became clear to me was that if someone wanted to live by his or her intuition, and if his/her relationship with God was based on religion, he or she would first need to heal that old image of God because it was getting in the way of trusting his/her inner voice. This old-time notion of God couldn't be further from the truth. Even though, it may be challenging and difficult, each of us needs to set aside the information we've received or learned through our religious training and find out for ourselves the truth about our creator.

Remember your goal in doing this is to have an open line of communication between you and your higher self, and in order to get that communication as clear as possible, you have to clear the doorway of old rubble so the door can open wide. I can assure you that once you can get rid of the garbage, or old rubble and find the voice inside and begin developing a real relationship with it, you will discover how completely loving and supportive it is. It will always bring you ease and lightness but first the old pain has to be healed.

If you are someone who has issues with God, I would like you to take some time to write out everything that comes to your mind when you think of the word God. Right now, if you can, get out a journal or notebook and just write all the thoughts, feelings, memories, resentments and so on that come to mind when you think of God. Now I want you to visualize giving this list to God, and ask for the healing of all this pain. If you would feel better taking the list to a clergy person and sharing it with him or her, do that instead.

Your objective here is to forgive God for all the pain you believe He has caused you and to move forward with your relationship with the divine within you. Continue to pray for healing daily until you feel a shift internally. You will know when you've forgiven God and can open that door. It may not happen over night but, believe me, it will happen. Whenever we pray for healing, our prayers are answered. The guidance available to us through our intuition can help in every area of our lives.

There are so many reasons why it's important to learn to hear your intuition.

1. It helps you live your life so much more easily. It cuts out half the legwork because when you ask daily for guidance, you will be given it.

2. You no longer feel alone or abandoned by higher power. When you hear that voice inside, you feel loved and supported. It loves you unconditionally.

3. Your relationships with other people change, your parenting changes, and even your relationships with animals change, because you feel connections that are impossible to feel when you live only in your head.

and the list goes on!

I will write more on this later. To be continued....

Forever Cursed

Unread post Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 pm

We often times create our own reality and when things don't work out the way we think they should become disheartened. There is the way we think it should be and the way it actually is. And often times we want immediate gratification. But is what we want really what we need? The fact that you went from disenchanted to a higher understanding shows both maturity and growth.

Return to “Inner Development”

• Information