Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Advice On Reading Names

Talk 'Reading & Development' in general or choose more specific topics from the Subforums.

TheForlornRaven

Unread post Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Greetings all!

I've been practicing a lot at home with receiving all different kinds of information, from histories of buildings and objects to the future of friends and family. It has been very exciting and enjoyable seeing how much clearer and faster I'm able to sense things as time goes on, even only in the past month.

However there is one thing I'm having a lot of trouble with and just can't seem to improve on - getting names. I understand that angels aren't always happy to tell their name and I absolutely respect that, however even things like the name of people or spirits I'm contacting, if I try to ask for a name my brain immediately starts thinking up names on its own, like as if I was trying to come up with a name for a baby, and it's definitely coming from my own thoughts rather than from sensing it "Jim, Jake, Calvin, Calum, John, Mary, Martha, Henry, Susan, Kevin" etc. etc.

I have similar trouble with yes/no questions, my brain tends to answer the question automatically without letting it come to me from outside. So I thought I might try asking here if anyone has had similar troubles with their brains jumping in the way of the link and if you guys might have some tips or experience on how to counteract this instinct the mind has to create an answer subconsciously. I usually have extreme ease in clearing and emptying my mind, but even when there's not a single thought in my head, it will still start inventing names or yes/no answers the moment I ask the question.

Thanks!

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream".

Samanthaj

Unread post Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:23 am

Hi TheForlornRaven

Great question

I had a lot of trouble with this in the beginning... We tend to find that many sitters (understandably) are so eager to receive a name validation. There is no denying the message is from Uncle David if David also gives his name during the reading.. it's a great confirmation especially for those who are new to receiving readings but also is nice as a reader to know you are hearing/feeling/'knowing' so clearly .. it's a new milestone in development

Hmm..So , I will say this..
Names are fab, just don't pressure yourself to get it right. You know sometimes the anticipation and anxiety it brings.. it can make the jumpy thoughts worse during a reading. If you're putting pressure on yourself to get it all right, it tends to just switch on those instant thoughts (as you say, the constant name switches, the yes or no, or answers that you know are your own thoughts ) .. so really this is what I do

(From the readings I have gotten names clearly) this is what was different...
In reflection , the names didn't come right away. You know as you start to read and the flow of information comes to you, I notice many of the readings started with other validations.. colours, songs, memories, physical descriptors...so other validations were given first.. from that, i'd say it's a good idea to read as you normally would and share what you're receiving before names are given. Spirit will always give you the validations needed if you ask and be patient...Don't stress yourself if you can describe the person and not give a name.. many of us find it tricky at times (and some times, impossible) it's ok to share that you're not immediately hearing a name, but then you can always ask spirit to give more validations if the sitter is needing them

Another thing I noticed : The names were quite often given (8/10) times with an Initial. So what I do, I imagine I have a blank canvas and I close my eyes and ask spirit ''Please give me your initial'' ... and wait patiently for a letter to appear on the canvas. So I could see a T appear on the canvas (takes practice and is just what works for me) but once I have an initial I will ask them to sound it out (there are so many ways, it depends on how you receive) but I ask them to sound it out..So T... .. and I may hear 'Thea' so I then know it's a 'Thea' sounding name (such as Tia) ... Provided it all feels right and I know my mind has not jumped in .. I then would ask ''Does Tia mean anything to you'' .. and that's usually how the names work

Other times this is another method I've used. I reach my arm out and imagine I have a paintbrush.. I ask spirit to paint out the name for me, and I follow the hand motions .. so I will (for example) Spell out an S.. then an A... R....and A.. I know then it's Sara. But you'll usually find even if you can't get a full name, sometimes the Initial is perfect validation and just as good :thumbsup:

Now how to do it? It takes so much practice and even when you think you've mastered it, we find we haven't :grin: That goes for all of us . Names can be hit and miss.. but other things in place (Initials, other physical descriptors ) are usually good enough

If you struggle to get the spirit's name, then you could try asking for a family members name. So you could ask them, please can you give me a name of a family member? and you might find it's so much easier for you to receive their names. So you may not get Uncle's name, but you could describe him, share his message, give memories and ask him for family member names.. that is just as good, :peace: just trust that you're doing your best and once a sitter has had the connection validated, most wouldn't mind that you got the name wrong anyway. :thumbsup: It's part of development. Just don't pressure yourself to always receive one, many of us pass on names and wait until we're 100% sure that we've heard it clearly

That aside, I also take time out to go into a deep relaxation before I read.. I make sure I have 0 distractions and total silence which probably helps :thumbsup: I also try and keep reading time for evenings as I know my brain isn't as stimulated (by radio, tv, subconscious memory/thoughts) and just generally wind-down before doing medium reads

That's just a few tips from me but overall, don't pressue yourself. This is one of those things that so many of us struggle with, especially with other languages and uncommon names. Spelling it out, sounding it out, or 'drawing' it out can help.

Good luck :thinktank:

Sam j
Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

TheForlornRaven

Unread post Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 am

Hey Samantha,

Thanks so much for these wonderful tips! These kind of techniques are just the sort of things I was hoping to learn about and getting confirmation that names are indeed meant to be difficult is a big help. It's very interesting reading how you describe the process you go through as you do your readings, this gives me a good guideline to go off of if I ever find myself at a loss.

I feel this info will definitely help me to take names more slowly and gently, since until now I didn't know if names were something I should always be getting or not, so thanks for all the advice!

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream".

CelticRose

Unread post Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 am

I get told a lot that names are not important except when validating or giving an evident information from a loved one. Hope that helps!

Return to “Psychic Learning & Spiritual Development”

• Information