Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Question for Psychics and mediums - conflicted

The sixth sense, psychics, mediums, abilities and spirit guides.

TinyT

Unread post Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Just curious if anyone here ever felt conflicted between their abilities and experiences vs. the faith they grew up with. I have always had paranormal experiences since being little, some psychic and medium type experiences as well. I can't control them - it just happens. Because of these life experiences my overall picture of things has evolved. And sometimes I feel like I'm close to a break through but feel like I'm subconsciously blocking myself due to the beliefs I grew up with. Especially when sometimes the experiences themselves give me a frightened uneasy feeling. A lot of my paranormal experiences, while some have been non threatening a lot have been and I become afraid that something is going to come through that's negative.

For instance last night as I was trying to sleep, I was having difficulty because my mind was racing. Then just as I started to feel like I may fall asleep I hear this buzzing sound and then a lot of chatter then more buzzing and voices started to come in clearer as if a radio were tuning in to a channel. Then a very loud buzzing and voices one at a time. After hearing a few different voices - some sounding near some far away, a very, very, loud overwhelming, buzzing and then silence. At that moment I couldn't help but feel that something important was about to come through but something made me feel afraid and so I forced myself out of it and began to pray. But I don't know that I'm afraid because I should be or if I'm afraid because the faith that I grew up with tells me this is wrong. Just wondering if anyone else has felt the same and how they worked through it.

keithdeakin

Unread post Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Tiny....I find this post interesting because many members here on ABT have the same problem...Aurthordox Religion vs Spirit..As far as i am concerned, these religions tell you what you are supposed to believe without question otherwise fire and damnation awaits...That was the one reason i decided to turn my back on my childhood belief and seek answers to what was happening around me.
Like yourself i to was getting radio type buzzing in my head followed by a strange face when sleeping.
Over the years and seeking help from other like minded people i began to understand. I made a concious decision to become a spiritualist whereby i was in control and could question things that i was not happy with..So what i am saying is that you have a decision to make....stick with the religion you have been used to and follow the rules or put those understandings to one side and go with the unknown and yet to be discoverd world of spirit...If you are in the UK try your nearest spiritualist church otherwise check the website SNU.ORG.UK
If you have any questions please ask.
Kind regards.

TinyT

Unread post Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 am

Hi Keith! Thanks for the response. As I mentioned my beliefs are evolving - they have to, because things continue to happen despite what I may or may not be practicing. I feel like I need to fully embrace it since it's not going anywhere (I think, sometimes it's scary). It's just a matter of feeling comfortable and confident in my own skin. Which is one of the reasons I joined this site. Hard to feel confident in who you are, what's happening to you, and around you when no one else is experiencing the same things. Baby steps I suppose... I only really started to put it together about 3 yrs ago, mostly because I was tired of feeling tormented, and decided there must be a reason. Started to reach out to local psychics/mediums but no one was willing to just talk to me. All about the $$$. Gave up for quite sometime and then began searching online again and stumbled across this site. Thanks again for reaching out, I appreciate it!

keithdeakin

Unread post Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Tiny....Thanks for your reply.....I am more than happy to answer,where i can,any questions you have. I appreciate it is difficult for you and only you can make that decission, but if i can help i will.
Nothing to lose and free of charge.
Kind regards.

TinyT

Unread post Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:41 pm

keithdeakin wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm
Hi Tiny....Thanks for your reply.....I am more than happy to answer,where i can,any questions you have. I appreciate it is difficult for you and only you can make that decission, but if i can help i will.
Nothing to lose and free of charge.
Kind regards.

Hi Keith, I appreciate the offer and would like to take you up on your offer :) I have a few questions... should I proceed here or by PM - I'm still trying to figure out how best to use this site. I see there is a friend and foe button, so not sure how much or what should be divulged on the forum. Also I visited the website you mentioned, and I like it - it was very much inline with where I stand spiritually/religiously. I searched for local spiritual churches, however the ones I came up with had different belief systems than yours so I'm unsure.

keithdeakin

Unread post Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi Tiny...Pm is the safest way if you wish to keep things quiet and away from outside interjection.
I am assuming you live in the UK like myself because of your reaction to your local spiritualist churches and their believes...which i find a little suprising,however,until i understand what it is you are searching for then i could point you in a different direction or teach/help you myself.
ABT does have a nymber of learned people you could talk to but be careful as,in my opinion, not all are what they say they are or have developed to a basic level and think that is it. If you understand what i mean.
Anyway i leave it upto you.
Kind regards..

Dogmeat

Unread post Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Interesting topic certainly, many come to this and it is interesting to see all the points of view people have on it I love the conversation makes people think lol ty for posting

TinyT

Unread post Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:56 pm

keithdeakin wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm
Hi Tiny...Pm is the safest way if you wish to keep things quiet and away from outside interjection.
I am assuming you live in the UK like myself because of your reaction to your local spiritualist churches and their believes...which i find a little suprising,however,until i understand what it is you are searching for then i could point you in a different direction or teach/help you myself.
ABT does have a nymber of learned people you could talk to but be careful as,in my opinion, not all are what they say they are or have developed to a basic level and think that is it. If you understand what i mean.
Anyway i leave it upto you.
Kind regards..
Hi Keith - have sent you a PM. Thanks!

Return to “Psychics, Mediums and Spirit Guides”

• Information