12/18/17 at 10:49:18
This Forum Is Archived & Read Only
HomeHelpSearchLogin
Psychic Paranormal ForumParanormal Forum BoardsAliens and UFO's › Ancient Alien Theory
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Read 3880 times)
NarcissusNoir
YaBB Newbies

New Jersey
Ancient Alien Theory
07/31/13 at 21:59:53

I'm sure many of you have come across the "Ancient Alien" or "Ancient Astronaut" theory made popular by Erich Von Daniken and the recent TV series on History channel. I, myself, have subscribed to the theory since my freshman year in high school when I read a book called "Gods of Eden"

For those that don't know about it, the theory proposes that a more technologically advanced race existed on Earth thousands of years ago and were the inspiration for many of the stories written in the bible (by the ancients who perceived this technology as something divine) and helped construct megaliths such as the pyramids.

While I was raised Roman Catholic, I couldn't help but to have a compleeete paradigm shift after reading the gods of eden. I'm pretty spiritual, I do believe in God, or something..divine at least. But I really do buy into this theory, I'm just not 100% sure how to tie everything all in together with the idea of god, afterlife, etc.

What are your takes on it?

IP Logged

Sammylee23
YaBB Newbies

Memento mori

Re: Ancient Alien Theory
Reply #1 - 08/03/13 at 16:56:51

Hi,
I am Christian too and after watching the show/reading the books it got me thinking. Have you read The Book Of Enoch? It's about the fallen angels and explains the watchers. For some reason it didnt get included in the bible. Personally, I know that neither God nor Jesus are what we deem "alien" because he is the creator. But maybe the watchers in the book of Enoch ( fallen angels) are perhaps et. X

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
God Member

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #2 - 08/03/13 at 18:09:50

I can go with the aliens visiting us and helping us create the huge artifacts, pyramids, etc. and other technology, but writing the bible? I doubt it. That is so much a man made thing and remember, translated too many times for it to bear any resemblance to the original, for us to take notice of it.
This is from someone who is confirmed into the Church of England and has held a deep religious faith all her life. I don't say any of this lightly, but from the information given to me by advanced guides and companions some of whom are older than the oldest ruins on this earth.

Rose Rivers, medium and writer
IP Logged

Kamadeva

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #3 - 08/03/13 at 19:55:18

I think that this theory have ''some truth'' in her or ''more''.

IP Logged

LadyinPurple

USA
Reply #4 - 08/04/13 at 15:50:45

I agree with Kamdeva, because I believe there is truth in all tales. Through time though the translations got messed up because of the evolution of language. I believe without a shadow of a doubt an advanced culture existed here before "us." You can read my essay posted in the member talents section of the forums based on my advanced civilization theory. (It includes citations for reference and further reading too!)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4