"Wherever I go... there
I am"
I am Canadian
Chatroom TIP's & FAQ's
10/13/08 at 02:01:45

FAQ’s

Frequently Asked Questions

Why are there two chats?
People of all ages and backgrounds come here for various reasons and psychic readings is only one of them. Paranormal investigators and skeptics are equally welcome here. Many arrive needing a safe place to  share out-of-the-ordinary-experiences. Some are fearful they are haunted and arrive asking for help. A few are wondering about their sanity. Bereavement and grief are also life situations that attracts members here. One chat could not house everything.

We have a wonderful team of experienced as well as developing psychics and Psychic Members Chat is where they can gather to chat about what what interests them, Practice  their craft and learn. There are rules and guidelines for *Psychic Members Chat* which are independent from Paranormal Chat. Please click on the link so You know it works over there. Thank You.

Can I be in both chats at the same time?
Yes, no issues with that.

This is a paranormal site, why aren’t people talking about paranormal topics in chat?
The Lobby/Meet & Greet/Lounge  rooms are  common gathering rooms and are used for general chat and welcoming newcomers. General chat is for open conversation on any topic, to socialize and to share stories or daily life experiences.  If you have a paranormal topic in mind, say so, and take it to an appropriate room.  Interested people will follow.

CHAT MENU: Right click on your screen to get the chat menu. Here you can change your font, turn off emoticons if they annoy you, copy and paste your readings, shut off popups, set notification sounds etc.

Why are the pawns next to some people’s names red while others are blue?
Site Administrators and  MODerators have a Red Pawn next to their names so they can be easily identified. Members and Visitors will have a Blue Pawn next to their name. In Psychic Chat, the Psychics are green

How do I know which Chat Rooms have people in them?
If a room is occupied you will see a small   click on the arrow to view the username list. An empty room will have a small dot  to the left of room name. Hoovering over the room name will show at the bottom of the room list how many people are in the room.

How do I move from one room to another?
To move to another room simply double click on the name of the room or the door on the right.  If your mobile device interferes, ask a MOD to move you.

Why was I Moved suddenly to another room?
Meet and Greet is the MODerators main room. Welcoming newcomers is their first focus. Members are welcome to hang out here and help. Chat room MOderators can move a group into an appropriate room; good conversations get interrupted with the niceties that happen over and over again as newcomers enter chat. "Heavy Topics" should definitively not take place in meet and greet. Thank you. If you find you have been moved and are not interested in the topic/conversation, feel free to go back to meet & greet or choose another room.

How can I get my own Avatar for Chat?
The first four avatars are for general use and are not assigned to anyone. They are lame, we know but the  chat application can only hold a limited number of picture Avatars and these are reserved for Moderators and regular members who are often in chat and helpful. Using another's avatar is impolite whether they are online or not. If you use an avatar that belongs to a member you will be asked to choose one of the four “General Use Avatars”   You can add a photo to your profile in Paranormal chat.

How do I change my chat room status to “Away”  (coffee cup icon)
Above the list of room names there is a drop-down menu. Click on the menu and choose “Away”. When you return, repeat and choose “Online”

How do I Copy and Paste in chat?
TO copy an entire page - Right click on your screen where there is no text. You will get a menu
Select all will highlight the page
Copy the text is now in your mouse -
Erase page - starts you off with a clean page

To copy just bits - drag mouse over the text to highlight,
hold ctrl key down + "C" to copy
hold ctrl key down + "V" to paste

Why can’t I open a link from the chat window?
You might have a popup blocker
* Hold down the “Ctrl” key and click on the link, this often works when other options fail.

Cool tip: click on usernames on the screen to automatic place them in your text. Very handy for those with theloooonnnngusernames  Wink

Why was I banned ?  ~ Chat room Tips: rules, guidelines & FAQ's ~

IP Logged

smb

Re: Chatroom FAQ's
Reply #1 - 01/09/09 at 00:00:58

thanks for posting these evie Smiley

scarletmarie  
IP Logged

clam
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Leeds
Reply #2 - 01/13/09 at 12:19:57

I found this post very useful thanks eviie Smiley

IP Logged

Voice Over
Full Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

UK
Reply #3 - 01/31/09 at 17:46:06

Thanks Evie,

It's good to understand the workings of the chatrooms.  Thank you for taking the time to post these for us. I also think it is a good place for newbies to visit.

Thank you once again

Blessings to you   xxxx

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print