Paranormal Psychic Community On Facebook
 Home   Forum Boards   Psychic Chat   Paranormal Chat   Ghost Cams   Events   Photos   Downloads   Games   Contact 
  Enter Akasha's Psychic Chat
Instant Readings

Paranormal, Psychic Community Forums

04/18/14 at 19:30:47
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Psychic Chat
Paranormal Chat
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister    

Instant Psychic Readings
Endorsed Psychic Readings
Free Psychic Readings
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print
(Read 36384 times)
Evie
Global Moderator

"Wherever I go... there
I am"
I am Canadian
Chatroom TIP's & FAQ's
10/13/08 at 02:01:45

FAQ’s

Frequently Asked Questions

Is everyone here  psychic?
NO.  People of all ages and backgrounds come here for various reasons and psychic readings is only one of them. We have practicing psychics and  others are developing and learning. Paranormal investigators and skeptics are equally welcome here. Many arrive needing a safe place to  share out-of-the-ordinary-experiences. Some are fearful they are haunted and arrive asking for help. A few are wondering about their sanity. Bereavement and grief are also life situations that attracts members here.

How do I get a Psychic reading?
Free readings are a 'Bonus' for participating members  @ anybodythere.net Please understand, daily we see many newcomers and it is impossible for us to provide a drop-in-center for instant readings.

Note that we don't ask for much - Participation in this community - we would like to see a minimum of 10 'Quality' posts on the forum boards. 'before' you can request a reading. NOTE: Two-/three word comments, one sentence replies that do not add to the forum discussions and reading requests  are NOT considered quality.
 NOTE: Fun and Games board does NOT add post counts.
10 speedy posts does not guarantee an instant reading. Please be patient.

May I practice psychic readings in the chat room?
IF you are visitor or a newly registered member here, No.
Members who have been here for at least 2 weeks and are established as regular participators - a minimum of 25 " quality " posts within the community forums boards @ anybodythere.net may be granted the privilege of practicing readings in the chat room. (see next link)

The  Development & PRACTICE Room  is for members who are practicing or developing psychic abilities. There MUST be a MODerator present during all readings. As this is a psychic development room, a teacher may be present to help guide a new reader. Please be aware that this is a learning environment and accuracy of information provided here is not guaranteed or implied.

PRACTICING Readers have a Bio and feedback thread in the Members readings board
This is where you post your reading requests. Here is a handy alphabetical list of the Readers BIO's and feedback. A reader may also approach you if they feel a connection or are drawn to your name and ask for permission to read for you.

* Why are people asked to not talk when entering a room while a reading is happening?
Visitors and guests are welcome to observe readings in the designated reading rooms. *
With due respect and courtesy for the readers we ask for quiet. Interrupting a reading with greetings or requests for  readings is disruptive, can cause a break in concentration and focusing for the reader.  DO NOT  PM a reader OR the sitter when it is obvious they are involved in a reading.

Why are the pawns next to some people’s names red while others are blue?
Site Administrators and Site MODerators have a Red Pawn next to their names so they can be easily identified. Members and Visitors will have a Blue Pawn next to their name.

What is a Moderator?
The chatroom MOD's  welcome & help new users learn how to navigate the site, explain rules and guidelines, and direct newcomers who need help in Chat or on the Forums.  A “Mod” also monitors the rooms to ensure participants are respectful; give warnings, silence, kick or ban individuals from chat who may act inappropriate in a public setting.  

Blue Icons= Member or guest
RED Icons      = Moderators
GREEN Icons = Moderator/teachers  or a temporary guest speaker
Yellow Icons = Moderator in Text-controlled chatrooms.

Why do people keep asking about my age, gender and location?
We are about 'real people' in all age groups from around the world sharing experiences and making friends. Age, Gender and Location are common questions that open conversations and help us learn a little about each other, our culture, backgrounds etc and for many act as  a foundation for remembering who each other is.  

Why can't I use PM (private messaging) in chat
* Non registered Users (guests/visitors)  &  Newbies
.... are blocked from using the PM option; unfortunately new folks to chat have been abusing the PM privileges and pestering the 'readers', or have been doing 'readings' in Private. When a  member has 25 posts on the forums they can be registered  as a 'regular'  in the chat room and have the privilege of sending private messages PM's.

*NOTE: Registered regulars in chat may lose PM privileges; Please do not
○ abuse the readers by pestering for readings. NO Asking for reads in PM's
○ offer private readings
○ receive Private readings
○ invite members off-site to sidestep the reading rules
○ recruiting ABT members for another site
○ or harass other members.

This is a paranormal site, why aren’t people talking about paranormal topics in chat?
The Lobby/Meet & Greet/Lounge  rooms are  common gathering rooms and are used for general chat and welcoming newcomers. General chat is for open conversation on any topic, to socialize and to share stories or daily life experiences.  If you have a paranormal topic in mind take it to the  Talk Paranormal  room. People will follow.

What are the different chat rooms used for?
* Akasha's readings - Wednesdays 8:00-10:00 (gmt)
• Aliens & UFO's 
• BOOT CAMP caution  = Time out ~ If you land in here - a warning is forthcoming  
• Conspiracy Theories & debates Heated discussions will be directed to take place in this room
* Development and PRACTICE: Reading room, A Moderator must attend - enter quietly
• Dragons Den John/fldragon's private room
• Healing circle
• HELP!!!! Scared & Urgently in need of advise, take your conversation to this room
• HUGS GARDEN: If you have a need for hugs and are too shy to ask...  pop in here. Someone will soon
    notice you and offer a listening ear.
• Just 4 fun & games
• Lobby  - general chat
• Lounge  - general chat
Meet & greet  - is the main entry room and MOD's rule here. A Mods main duty is to welcome newcomers
    to the site.  Members can hangout in here, the chitchat and banter there is how we get to know each other,
    BUT  if MOD's are obviously focusing on a newcomer to make them feel welcome - trivial conversations
    should cease or shift to another room.  
    NOTE: HEAVY topics --- MUST not be held here.
• Meditation path
* PSYCHIC Members Readings: Long term, trusted  members are honored with this room - no MOD's are needed ( but are welcome for crowd control)
• PICTURE Readings Saturdays 8-10pm (GMT)
• Relationship woes : (
• SACRED CIRCLE: Bereavement counseling.  Visit this room for a shoulder to cry on
• STAFF
• TALK PARANORMAL ... is self explanatory
• The "safe" House Mod's will sift all members to this locked room when dealing with trolls who are able to by pass a chat ban - and keep coming back to harass or be vulagar
• The Ladies Room personal female stuff
• The Men's room  caveman chat  
• Teen talk ... 'whatever'
• Under 30's
• VENT!!!! =  if you have entered this room we are fully warned and prepared  that You are upset  Angry
• Witches GARDEN:   Smiley

* Moderators may request that conversations  shift to appropriate rooms *
Please respect their suggestions

How do I know if the other Chat Rooms have people in them?
If a room is occupied you will see a small   click on the arrow to view the username list. An empty room will have a small dot  to the left of room name.

How do I move from one room to another?
To move to another room simply double click on the name of the room.

Why do some rooms have a password to enter them?
* Privacy.  The member in charge of the room is in control of the password.  
* Pre-registered or limited classes

How can I get my own Avatar for Chat?
The first four avatars are for general use and are not assigned to anyone. They are lame, we know. The chat application can only hold a limited number of picture Avatars and these are reserved for Readers and Moderators and members who are often in chat. Using another's avatar is impolite whether they are online or not. If you choose to use an avatar that belongs to a member you will be asked not to, and to choose one of the four “General Use Avatars”

How do I change my chat room status to “Away”  (egg timer)
Above the list of room name there is a drop-down menu. Click on the menu and choose “Away”. When you return, repeat and choose “Online”

How do I Copy and Paste in chat?
The right-click copy command is only for use when copying/pasting text within  Chat  itself. Copy and paste between Chat and other applications can only be done using  CTRL-C, CTRL-V.

*  highlight text - right click and drag mouse over the portion you want copied
or  
*  "Ctrl  +  A" =  highlights  full screen
*  “Ctrl  +  C” =  copy
*  “Ctrl  +  V” =  paste

Why can’t I open a link from the chat window?
This may be a setting for a browser you are using.
* Open another window and copy/paste the link in the browser
OR...  
* Hold down the “Ctrl” key and click on the link, this often works when other options fail.

How do I log out of chat when I am leaving?
Click on the open door with the arrow… next to the (?) in the  icon row which is  above the text entry area.

Why was I banned ?  ~ Chat room Tips: rules, guidelines & FAQ's ~

IP Logged

smb

Re: Chatroom FAQ's
Reply #1 - 01/09/09 at 00:00:58

thanks for posting these evie Smiley

scarletmarie  
IP Logged

clam
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Leeds
Reply #2 - 01/13/09 at 12:19:57

I found this post very useful thanks eviie Smiley

IP Logged

Voice Over
Full Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

UK
Reply #3 - 01/31/09 at 17:46:06

Thanks Evie,

It's good to understand the workings of the chatrooms.  Thank you for taking the time to post these for us. I also think it is a good place for newbies to visit.

Thank you once again

Blessings to you   xxxx

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print