(Read 34275 times)
Steve
Administrator

keeping a watchful eye

Anybody There
psychics who just want take ur money
11/05/06 at 13:18:28

(Message sent in by shekiba)

hi, dear my boyfriend left me 8 months ago for under known reason. iam so much hurt and i dont know what to do i did went to psychics for reading they all told me different story about him one said he is real player he do this with everyones just move on and other said oh too much bad luck. i really cant understand why he is acting like this i tried to call him he does not answer my calls and saying i dont know you. i known this guy for 3 years he changed over night. please help me i need honest people not like these psychics who just want take ur money and telling you lies i do hope i get honest help from you see what you can do for me his full name is aziz mir abdy was born on june 2 he is 26 to 27 years old. god bless shekiba toronto canada
« Last Edit: 03/23/08 at 13:09:55 by Evie »  

IP Logged

Mary

I Love The Paranormal

Re: shekiba
Reply #1 - 11/07/06 at 17:44:32

Hi Shekiba

Firstly you need to "take stock" of the situation that you are in at the moment.  When a person is in a sphere, (that's like a big glass ball) sometimes you can only see things from the inside perspective.  Try if you can to view your relationship situation with Aziz from an outside perspective, (as though you are another person looking at the relationshipof Aziz and Shekiba).

With this method you just might receive a little guidance from your own self, (just think of the money you will save by not going to phychics!).

On a serious note, one of the sayings I learned in the US was, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade".  Your situation could have been far worse if you had a longer relationship, or children were involved.  You are now a free woman.  Shekiba, move on.  

Yours Mary
« Last Edit: 11/07/06 at 21:04:25 by Mary »  

IP Logged

xxlisaxx
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Re: psychics who just want take ur money
Reply #2 - 06/17/09 at 12:45:23

yes i have been to a few pyschics who just want to make a quick buck.. i have actually spend over a thousand pount since 2007 on readings..
some people would take advantage of the fact im down and use it against me to tell me things so i would continue to pay for the reading.. but not all people are like that..
its a shame for the true people.. getting brought down by them kinda ones
i truly believe though everyone deserves a chance. and its good now because on sites ive been on..people leave reviews so u can know who can be trusted..
there are a really really good bunch of people on here.. the site is just so lovely and warming..
lisa x x

IP Logged

melasha
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #3 - 06/22/09 at 23:44:34

sadly in this world most of us would require money for our talents. everyone looks for money

IP Logged

neohio
Newbie Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #4 - 06/29/09 at 05:06:44

Well I have encountered some scammers in this profession back in the day. It is a darn shame that some people would steal from others just to make a quick buck.

I am all for capitalism, but in this type of profession, you must watch very closely for con-artists, because rest assured there are some!

IP Logged

Dusk
Interim Member

Dance & sing for we are
apart of the grand song.

Ireland
Reply #5 - 06/30/09 at 13:19:49

It is a shame that there is people out there that only want to take a persons money and just give them a crudy read that is not sincere in the slightest.  But such is the way of the world we live today with psychic skills be glamerised and temping con-artists with idears of  quick money making schems.

Indeed I understand that some people need to eat and will charge, but most do it as a donation.. or at least that's what I have seen hehe.

IP Logged

roo26
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #6 - 06/30/09 at 18:17:54

i agree dusk. i find it disgusting to say the least. some of these people have been blessed with the chance to help others instead they take advantage of others curiousity or need.  dusky roo roo agrees with you lol

IP Logged

Dusk
Interim Member

Dance & sing for we are
apart of the grand song.

Ireland
Reply #7 - 06/30/09 at 18:48:09

so you should roo roo and thank you hun.. hugsies hehe.

Blessed Be!

IP Logged

nok
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #8 - 07/10/09 at 14:00:11

I've  been to a lot of psychics in my time and I've paid many a buck to some who claimed to be a psychic but were not at all. They told me lots of positive things (that didn't come true) that they thought I wanted to hear because they wanted me to come back.

It is sad but you just have to be careful. There are fake psychics out there, sadly enough who take advantage of people who are in a low point in their life.

However , at the same time, there are good, genuine, caring psychics out there who genuinely want to help people. Thank goodness for them and that they exist.

IP Logged

kj...
Full Member Level 3

love me as i am, cuz i'm
not changin ....
Georgia
Reply #9 - 07/14/09 at 01:36:50

fakes just really chap my hide !!  there are many good people who really can help, but may not be sought out because of fakes.

i've gone to a well known psychic (locally, not nationally) and many ppl raved on him - but i paid for an hour, which he spent 20 minuites of in telling me his story.  i didn't want to be rude, but it was my hour...

he was good when he was on topic, just not what i expected.

IP Logged

Magic

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #10 - 07/14/09 at 03:31:17

You just need to watch yourself and take control for you! Instead of looking to psychics to tell you what happened, do a personal evaluation of the situation and work towards moving on from it instead of letting it hold you back.

IP Logged

Catlady.Crazy
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #11 - 08/05/09 at 22:49:33

Hi Shekiba,

Hope you don't mind my putting my two cents in.  The first thing I'm gonna say is probably the one thing you don't want to hear.  But if he left you, it's likely for a reason.   Usually it's best it stays that way.  It wasn't in the cards, so to speak.   Trying to hang onto someone who doesn't want to stay is not wise.  I know, I did so for 15 years.  

The best thing to do is ask your guides for guidance.  Yes, there are good psychics out there and there are a lot of scammers and it's highly difficult, especially if you're in a bad situation to tell them apart because you so want something that isn't meant to be.  That's when scammers come and take your money.  They will say 'oh, you have a curse on you and if you pay me $$$, I can remove it.'... sure sign of a scammer.    Scammers only want money.  True psychics only want to help you.

And I know you won't like this but I have a feeling it's another girl involved.  But if he's not returning your calls, call it a lesson learned and move on.

IP Logged

darla
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Oklahoma
Reply #12 - 08/09/09 at 19:19:44

I heard that the ecomony had increased the "Physic" business. personally, i have no problem paying for a reading, but it is too easy to become dependant on "readings" to try to solve problems when the best thing to do is to work them out yourself and maybe get a reading once in a while to get a direction or check if you are going the right way.  A reading in a moment of panic is not the best thing.  Need to step back and look at the problem from different views.. my opinion anyway.

IP Logged

thetreeoflife
Fellow Member

I feel it.....I feel the
cosmos :3

Reply #13 - 08/14/09 at 15:05:26

I hate the fact that there are so many people who claim to be psychic and make money off of that. It's hard to find any genuine psychics who actually want to help others for free.

IP Logged

AlwaysSearching
Junior Member Level 2

I'm interested in all
things spiritual.
Raleigh, NC USA
Reply #14 - 08/16/09 at 19:11:42

I went to a local psychic about a relationship question and it was a classic case of scammer. (There's a curse, pay me to take it off.) The funny thing though, is that I felt drawn to this psychic to help her!

So I paid the coin, learned some things from her and when she asked for more $ I told her that I came to her knowing full well she was potentially a scammer but I felt she needed my $ so I'm trusting the universe to do the rest.

IP Logged

bobby
Fellow Member

happy face!
a Dutchie living in Ireland
Reply #15 - 08/20/09 at 17:35:39

If you ask me, it's a jungle out there!!

My mother-in-law has psychic gifts and a lot of the time they are a curse to her at the same time! She doesn't want to take money off people she wants to help but that resulted in people taking advantage of her. Now she asks for a donation when she is confident that she can help someone, witch helps both sides to accept their part in the exchange.

I did some research on scams.......do your own so you have better insight in the tricks people use to make a quick buck. Start with the well-known t.v.-scams. There's loads of stories out there.

IP Logged

dragonlvr
Newbie Level 4

Ghostly Communicator Extrodinaire

La Crescenta, CA
Reply #16 - 08/20/09 at 22:29:36

My personel belief is, its a gift, it should be used to give to others. Not for personel profit. the word gift is the key here.
I have never charged for what I do. I have had many who insist upon paying for my time. I donate it to the kids I work with in the community. I let people know this too.
If I can help someone find their way or answers to their questions etc. its a personel thing, not something one should use for profit.

Les

IP Logged

magicsouldream

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #17 - 08/22/09 at 00:52:02

You really need too be careful that they don't scare you into paying them to help.i went to one and she wanted $225.oo to remove the negative energy that was surronding me.If they want money don't give it too them.

IP Logged

starcatz

I Love The Paranormal

uk herefordshire
Reply #18 - 08/24/09 at 04:21:55

hiya i will say though that a huge amount of spiritual inclide people have a lot of health problems and the only way tey can pay for medical expenses is too charge. but if they charge huge money then yes dont go for it.
but ur right we do have to be carefull. only go by word of mouth.
and were here to learn of each other.
instead of saying pay lots of money to remove negative energy as above. show us how to remove negative energy and clear our  own auras.

IP Logged

^:^ amethyst angel ^:^
Interim Member

England
Reply #19 - 08/31/09 at 18:25:19

personally i feel that we should not gain from our gifts at the expence of the receiver of the reading - it should be a balanced 'transaction'. the reader gives a reading and the receiver benefits from the wisdom of the reading. it is up to the reader to decide the best 'payment' for that wisdom, either by the satisfaction of providing that wisdom, the opportunity to practice a reading or by receiving a gift. the receiver of the reading must be happy to part with a gift that is as valuable to them as the reading, the gift could be money, a pie or a gardening favour. each party to the transaction must be entirely satisfied that they have given and received equally in that transaction.  that sounds quite techinical but it is the only way i can adequately decribe what I mean.  Going back to the first post I hope that the lady has found a resolution and some comfort.

IP Logged

xoxmaggie
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #20 - 09/03/09 at 03:04:32

I agree, it's shameful when psychics ask for money. They're all for "helping people", then why charge them? It's horrible, in my opinion, unless they are making a potion for you. Then.. it's not such a bad thing, they need money to cover the costs of ingredients and the bottle, things of that nature. But to charge for a God-given gift? That's horrible. :/

IP Logged

CECE
Fellow Member

Makebelieve is believing
u can make dreams reality

Austin, Tx USA
Reply #21 - 09/03/09 at 06:11:38

To Everyone who thinks its unrealistic to charge money Well personally , when i first started reading i always said to myself i could never charge for a reading.. I thought it was horribble and yes how could i use this gift i was given to use other peoples money. But after realizing how much people can take and take and take from a reader, and we as readers sometimes need help  in return... such as I am a stay at home mother and i need help bringing in money for me and my son, I help people when i honestly feel that they need the help , I will never charge someone if i feel they NEED a message from spirit, for all those psychic junkies out there that want to receive a reading just because they want an answer at life's every twist and turn... It  drains the real psychic/.mediums, or gifted individuals who can connect to the higher power .... we do this out of love so please dont take advantage, and the psychic junkies who do pay , i say thank you because your addiction helps pay my bills  Wink i know and  remember its a gift to give to others, so dont take so much from us all the time or down the ones that are real and need that help Smiley  
« Last Edit: 09/03/09 at 06:17:18 by CECE »  

IP Logged

SusanG
Grande Fellow

Bouncin off the Astral
walls
Australia
Reply #22 - 09/03/09 at 07:08:50

i agree cece....

by charging a reasonable fee... not only does the reader enable themselves to receive something that will help them.. but it also enables another to 'give'...

for every 'is he my soulmate', 'when am i going to get a job', 'what colour socks should i wear today', energy is being drained from the psyhcic... give a little folks.. nobody is 'owed' anything in life... so stop expecting constant freebies....
« Last Edit: 09/03/09 at 07:09:25 by SusanG »  

IP Logged

falcon
Grande Fellow

Reply #23 - 09/03/09 at 08:20:56

I don't agree with this. I read professionally for a few years as part of my business. I did not charge high prices, but I did charge. I like everyone else had to make a living. My advise to those who are willing to pay for a reading is to make sure the person you select is authentic, don't select a reader via newspaper or signs hanging over doors. Find one through word of mouth. Most true readers are quiet about their abilities with the open public. That does not mean all newpaper readers or signs over their doors are not authentic, but you just need to be careful and if you get more no's then yes's and you feel your reader is fishing for information, stop the read right then and there and thank them for their time and leave. They will know your not happy and most will not charge for failed readings.

Falcon

IP Logged

CECE
Fellow Member

Makebelieve is believing

Austin, Tx USA
Reply #24 - 09/03/09 at 09:43:23

Well said Falcon and Susang!! its good to know im not the only one that thinks its okay to an extent :p

IP Logged

Interim Member

England
Reply #25 - 09/05/09 at 12:47:30

yes cece, i agree with you, it has to be a balance. if i didnt know the person and they were just wanting an online reading then i would probably charge a fee. if it was someone i know personally i wouldnt charge them at all, and if they wanted to give me something in return then i woudl know what they could give me - a lift to the station or a batch of their cookies next time they are baking.  at worst case if they still want to impress money upon me then i would suggest a charity or give the money to my favourite charity.  if it was someone on this site and we were both pracising our reading skills then receiving a reading would be a good payment, if anything at all.  as i was trying to say in my previous post, its all about giving and receiving in the way that is best for both parties. hope this makes sense

IP Logged

CECE
Fellow Member

Makebelieve is believing

Austin, Tx USA
Reply #26 - 09/06/09 at 19:13:29

Makes Perfect sense to me! a lil jumbled but i totally get it!!! lol  Tongue  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 09/06/09 at 19:13:47 by CECE »  

IP Logged

Interim Member

England
Reply #27 - 09/07/09 at 19:46:35

coool, glad someone understands me lol

IP Logged

sorrow
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #28 - 01/05/10 at 19:31:10

boy i think alot of us have been there, i am so sorry to hear that, i went to a tarot reader and she kept trying to get more and more money out of me, i felt so bad for her becuase of her dihounesty
it almost recked my relationship with my better half but then i decided to go to a psychic a Smileynd settle this at once, the last two i ever talked to were careing commpassionate and very well at thier job. i hope you find it in your heart to change matters. for now on do a little research
when looking for an approriate reader, see if you have that connection alot of the time psychics have councling abilities and never give too much information.... god bless and good luck

IP Logged

sirius
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #29 - 01/05/10 at 22:30:51

Honey , I know your hurt and upset and your questioning what you did wrong , but the only thing you did was you were there these are his issues not yours . Give yourself time to heal and then look back at the situation , Im sure youlle find the answers your looking for then.Sirius

IP Logged

Tiff1977
Newbie Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #30 - 01/10/10 at 09:41:04

I know the feeling. I just got took for 60 bucks right before christmas to be told things that I could tell someone. And I have no phychic abliy at all...

IP Logged

DEATH OMEN
Grande Fellow

Reply #31 - 02/19/10 at 01:32:16

I think most of them are after a person's income, if they are dumb enough to  give it to them. most are frauds and I'm not that sure about the rest of you. Wink
« Last Edit: 02/21/10 at 23:43:35 by Evie »  

If I was smart, I'd be somewhere else.
Overachievers are depressives gone manic.
Who talks more, you or yourself?
To accomplish anything requires lots of screw-ups prior to success.

IP Logged

ginseng
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #32 - 02/25/10 at 18:14:16

But how are you going to know if they are con-artists?  Sometimes you are sad and you need someone to talk to talk.  They make sure you feel better at the end of the day and they give you good news.  I have spent lot sof money, and I ask myslef if there are real psychic.  I know longer know who to believe anymore

IP Logged

christy1972
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

kentucky
Reply #33 - 03/09/10 at 17:14:30

I had a psychic tell my i had a spell put on me and i had a lot of negative energy around me then tried to get money from me Roll Eyes Smiley

csj22000  
IP Logged

fairy
Senior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #34 - 03/11/10 at 09:52:21

Please do not lump all psychics into the same basket.  I am a Psychic/Medium who does have a private practice and does charge her clients.  All of my clients are told if they are not happy with their reading , then there is no charge.  I have never , yet , had a client , not pay me.  There are some of us , who do come from Integrity.  There are of course those who only want your money.  Before you go to a psychic , you should ask as many questions as possible.  Wishing you all luck with your journeys.

Fairy

IP Logged

Miamipsychic
Interim Member Level 3

I Love being a Metaphysical
Teacher!

Reply #35 - 03/23/10 at 00:01:34

Unfortunately those type of psychics do exist, but like Fairy said not all of them are like that. Truth is the universe works with attraction - I always tell the universe to assist me in connecting with the psychic that will help me now, instead of focusing on my worries of what if this psychic is fake. All though those type of people exist, I always tell my self that there are more and more great psychics out there. In fact, a great trick on picking one is try to connect with them before you even call upon them.

Yes, maybe you are going to say but I'm not psychic that why Im calling upon one. The truth is that we are all psychic and practice is all we need to make it grow. Now you don't have to be so psychic to pick someone your inner guide tells you is right. Well its worth a try any way.

MiamiPsychic

IP Logged

darla
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Oklahoma
Reply #36 - 03/26/10 at 04:44:22

I think if a psychic tells you they need more money to help you-that is one to stay away from.

psychics have a right to charge you and there are real ones out there.  I would think that research would need to be done before picking one out of the phone book so to speak.  Wink

IP Logged

Choowy
Full Member Level 4

UK
Reply #37 - 03/26/10 at 17:05:32

actually, That's pretty much what Tara (advertised on this site) does after giving you a first "free" reading. and continues to spam to get you to respond.

IP Logged

Panther

We For Animals
Bronx,  New York
Reply #38 - 04/20/10 at 12:00:36

I've had the experience of being taken 'for a ride,' so to speak by a psychic. After my boyfriend passed, I've been searching to understand things more. I found a site where you could post a question, etc. I did have an e-mail chat with a psychic who reduced her fee and was able to give a great reading through the site (I've chatted with her a few times since.) However, I received an e-mail from a psychic who worked for the site who e-mailed me at my personal e-mail, asking me not to report this or she would lose her job. Anyway, over the period of 4 months, I spent several thousand dollars for 'cleansings,' etc. All of this was, of course, by moneygrams, etc. Now, she's 'disappeared,' and I'm left feeling like I was betrayed and that I'm a total fool who let someone take such advantage of me during a time when I was most vulnerable, besides being in debt. Don't get me wrong ... this is NOT a rant against mediums/psychics. I believe 99.999% of gifted individuals are honest, caring and sincerely want to help. I did speak with another psychic after this, and when I brought up this person's name (without getting into any of the details) he told me this person had picked herself up because she owed enormous amounts of money of credit cards, etc. and left the area she lived in. He was also able to accurately tell me many things about my loved one without any prompting. One of the reasons I was really impressed with this site is that there are individuals out there who are not charging money for their readings but want to perfect their gifts. Anyway ... had to get it off my chest.

IP Logged

tamara-nl

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #39 - 04/21/10 at 20:13:19

It seems this is not the year for love.
Three friends of mine al lost there boyfriend this month and mine relationship seems to be over also.
They al changed over night we are al verry said and a little lost.
Try to stay true to yoursel and dont foccus to muts on him.
I know it hard i wish you lots of strenght.

IP Logged

Panther

We For Animals
Bronx,  New York
Reply #40 - 04/22/10 at 05:07:13

Hi, Tamara-nl; I THINK you were responding to my post, or maybe to the initial one, but either way I can understand that feeling of being a "little lost." I read over the posts on this topic, and I do agree that it's not wrong for a true psychic to charge or request a gift for a reading or help. Either way, I could bang my head against a wall for my stupidity (yes, I supposedly had a "curse" on me, according to this individual who I allowed to scam me), and it does seem life a difficult timem for relationships right now.

IP Logged

tedthewalrus
Junior Member Level 4

To all spirits: Show yourselves!

USA, NJ
Reply #41 - 04/25/10 at 19:08:20

I know psychics have to make a living if they are going to do readings, then they should get paid for their time.  However, if their goal is to help people, then why are they charging so much?  This one psychic i got a reading from a few years ago cost 120USD for an hour reading and i checked again and now she charges 800USD for one session! its crazy!

IP Logged

kfully124
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Pennsylvania
Reply #42 - 04/26/10 at 08:10:34

I had an expierance back in the fall of 2008 I spent so much money on this girl named Ashley to try to get my guy friend back, the only thing that was said was right is he did unblock my number.  So I was broke. She told me she had to buy statues and clothes and that she'd do it for free and I never recieved candles or anything from her or pictures of the statues and she told me that we can't talk about the "work" She lived on Long Island in a town called Ronkonkoma New York.  So I was so afraid to go to another psychic after that. But I went to one locally and was shocked. The only thing is she told me that my aura was outta wack and I never really had a relationship except for with this guy.

angelkrs03  
IP Logged

Panther

We For Animals
Bronx,  New York
Reply #43 - 04/28/10 at 04:12:05

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. This scam happened in the last few months, the girl took almost every penny I had - same story, can't tell people, etc. I don't think I would have ever fallen for this if I hadn't been in a heavy state of grief over the loss of a loved one and hadn't had a good night's sleep in months. I did speak with another psychic after this, and brought it up; this psychic told me to contact the police and report this situation, so I've started on that. It won't get my money back, but perhaps it will help me regain some dignity AND prevent others from being hurt by this individual.

IP Logged

Jeangoo
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #44 - 05/02/10 at 00:11:51

Reply to Amethyst Angels post.  What a lovely kind person you are.  I totally agree with your thinking.  A gift deserves a gift in return, in whatever way it is given. Smiley

IP Logged

kfully124
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Pennsylvania
Reply #45 - 05/03/10 at 06:31:35

Yeah true, but what about ones that try to charge you so much? I can understand if its a little bit of money but some people just want to break your bank and get a little greedy.

angelkrs03  
IP Logged

Starrykindoflove
Junior Member Level 2

Angels and Good Spiritual
Elements and Beings
Las Vegas, NV
Reply #46 - 05/24/10 at 22:18:22

I have found some good phone psychics and some bad ones too...I won't say the name of the company, but you can tell the psychics are quality when they don't have to ask you any questions, yet get the majority of the situation you are asking about.

It is sad, because when people are going to psychics they are going because they need help...

Whatever happend to "treat people how you want to be treated?"

I would never pray on someone's emotions like some people do.

IP Logged

Starrykindoflove
Junior Member Level 2

Elements and Beings
Las Vegas, NV
Reply #47 - 05/24/10 at 22:20:39

I don't mind people charging so much, IF they are the real deal...maybe if they don't get what your problem is or don't help, they they can give a refund?  I understand people need to make a living.

IP Logged

Starrykindoflove
Junior Member Level 2

Elements and Beings
Las Vegas, NV
Reply #48 - 05/24/10 at 22:21:25

Has anyone visited the psychic eye bookstore?  How do you feel about them and the items they have in there?  Any good or bad experiences?

IP Logged

kfully124
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Pennsylvania
Reply #49 - 05/25/10 at 05:24:56

I haven't been there. I just dont really like when they charge every time you want advice and if you don't have a lot of money. I had a few that charged a lot of their prediction didn't even fall through at all. I know things aren't set in stone.

angelkrs03  
IP Logged

beau 1
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #50 - 05/27/10 at 19:27:05

There are charletons in all walks of life and unfortunately they are in the spititual profession too , its an awful feeling to have been conned by someone who you have visited for comfort and reassurance , however i think there are a lot of truely honest gifted people in this world too , if you are not happy with a reading , i would tell you to tell the person who has given you the reading that you are not happy ,
Sometimes we hear things that we dont want to hear and we can perceive it as untrue or unjust , but  any good medium will be correct about somethings in your reading , if i felt the reading didnt  refect back to me , i would say so ,
Love and   Light Smiley

IP Logged

EagleSpirit
Fellow Member

Be Open to the Possibility

Australia
Reply #51 - 05/30/10 at 09:40:30

I have often wondered why money is taken for giving advice or insight to another's life,

I know people need to make a living, but I find it hard to contemplate what motivates a person wether psychic or not to take advantage of someone who is obviously in a very delicate situation. whatever it is.

It is sad to think that there are people out there who have no regard for others let alone themselves.

For me I have offered my oppinion open-nly and freely, not to actually predict what will happen in there lives to the point of dates and such, but to direct them to a place where they can make there own decisions on where they would rather be......

As a human race I think our aim is to move together. we all move at different paces there will always be someone who knows  a little more  then we do, and that is what keeps our curosity going as a people.
But when someone holds another back from finding out there own truth.. that is sabotage.. and it always ends up hurting someone down the line..

Ive been many positions where I have seeked advice and had to pay for it, I often was left feeling hollow, and sometimes I felt on top of the world... There were things that were predicted and not came true, and that infuriated me, when ur already depressed and in need of the truth I had wished that someone would just tell me that I already had my own answers and that If I just stopped searching they would actually reveil themselves to me..

I think it is the readers task to take into consideration just how much of an impact they have on someone who has lost a love, or in dire need of just having someone to chat to ...

When you do find someone who lifts your heart up rather than dampen it, when you find someone who agree's that U can have a differr-ing oppinion to there's.. when you find someone who ticks all ur boxes and yet doesnt make you feel like ur being probed, then and only then should you consider taking there advice..

Remember we all have power, and luckily there are true readers who will only be too glad to help you in ur hour of need.. that is a heartwarming thing....

This is coming from someone who is still learning themselves, and I would rather someone tell me that I didnt connect with them the way they had hoped, and allow me to either direct them to someone else and say sorry for the misinformation... or try again...

But from the other side, when messages are being sent, sometimes they are not what you want to hear.. netherless, we should take on board all that is said and through the code there will lie ur own answers or another direction you havent discovered in your own journey...

Remember we create our OWN truth, you and only you can dictate what lies within ur soul,, Be strong. cause noone else can be for you when Ur the only one left...
Smiley

Love and Light

IP Logged

lily_moonstone

i'm not weird...just wired
differently
South East England
Reply #52 - 05/30/10 at 15:29:00

I suppose it depends.
If someone has a genuine gift and can be of help to another then perhaps an exchange of money is the best way to honour the reader's ability...it's a two way thing when someone/client pays money they expect to get something of value in return and if someone/the reader is paid then they know that their skill is being rewarded and therefore they should do their utmost to fulfill their end of the deal and provide as accurate a reading as they can.
You make a very good point about being told point blank if there is no connection rather than being duped and yes it is a very hard and heartbreaking thing to happen, and recover from - I have thought the same thing.
reassurance , comfort and gentleness is all that's really needed ...and when a friend is not to hand sometimes it's easier to turn to a neutral source, so to speak...but that's just me and my thoughts on it..
take care
Smiley

Lily_B  
IP Logged

Panther

We For Animals
Bronx,  New York
Reply #53 - 05/30/10 at 19:24:37

I totally agree that a (genuine) psychic/medium should be compensated for their time and energy in giving a reading; in many cases this is how that individual is able to eke out a living. It's people who get greedy (and this happens in all professions, unfortunately) that get me hopping mad.

IP Logged

Kaydee
Full Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Hartford, CT
Reply #54 - 06/28/10 at 02:48:07

I have had my share.

IP Logged

lostgirl
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #55 - 07/06/10 at 01:25:01

i went to a psychic not all that long age.  it was about a bf.  she then told me i would be reconciled with him if ONLY i cleansed my chakra.  and she would help me, but i had to buy her kit.  then she said i'd have to meditate every night at a certain time then call her in 3 days.  well, i did it.  she then tells me it's not working and i need a deeper cleanse, but it will cost me.  and until i do that, i'm gonna be alone because others can feel my bad energy.  well, i knew right then i was had.  wish i knew before.

IP Logged

Hotdogs4tea
Junior Member Level 5

luv life
Wales UK
Reply #56 - 07/07/10 at 15:24:21

It is realy sad that thease ppl go around giving false hope and rip you off at the same time. Im luck because i know when im around spiritual ppl so i dont have the same problem with being ripped off as a lot of ppl do !!!! hopefull oneday this will stop

He who knows everything knows nothing !!!

IP Logged

ManaiaPuppy
Supernumerary Fellow

I am because I am...
USA
Reply #57 - 07/12/10 at 08:09:24

I know there are many different views on this topic. Mine is simple, I was made to help people. I have nothing to gain in taking money for that which i am suppose to do anyway. My gain is helping others in there time of need. For me it is wrong to take money for that which i do, but that is for me. I see no harm in others doing so. If they wish to charge and people are willing to pay then it is there choice, and that is to be respected.  Smiley

IP Logged

buttercup
Full Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

seattle washington
Reply #58 - 07/16/10 at 18:38:07

Me and my husband went to see this meedium 3 times after our daughter passed away.It cost 100.00 an hour.Well the first couple times we belived her.But the last time it was all an act none of it made scence.so we never went back.i think we belived her cause we so wanted communication with our daughter.but we talked about what the medium said our 3 visits and all of it was made up she just wanted to prey on our lose and our money.so be carefull

buttercup

IP Logged

s3xyfi
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

uk
Reply #59 - 07/20/10 at 23:26:01

I dont belive the gifted should charge for their ability !!!

I  have seen and spoken with mediums and some of which have guessed things about me, many use tarot cards to guide them, i always do a quick spread before i go see what is close to my heart n make life as difficult as i can for them !!

Never give any information let them come to you xx

IP Logged

artemis
Grande Fellow

You can, You Will, You
Have, You ARE

Reply #60 - 07/21/10 at 06:07:50

EagleSpirit wrote on 05/30/10 at 09:40:30:
I have often wondered why money is taken for giving advice or insight to another's life,

I know people need to make a living, but I find it hard to contemplate what motivates a person wether psychic or not to take advantage of someone who is obviously in a very delicate situation. whatever it is.

It is sad to think that there are people out there who have no regard for others let alone themselves.

For me I have offered my oppinion open-nly and freely, not to actually predict what will happen in there lives to the point of dates and such, but to direct them to a place where they can make there own decisions on where they would rather be......

As a human race I think our aim is to move together. we all move at different paces there will always be someone who knows  a little more  then we do, and that is what keeps our curosity going as a people.
But when someone holds another back from finding out there own truth.. that is sabotage.. and it always ends up hurting someone down the line..

Ive been many positions where I have seeked advice and had to pay for it, I often was left feeling hollow, and sometimes I felt on top of the world... There were things that were predicted and not came true, and that infuriated me, when ur already depressed and in need of the truth I had wished that someone would just tell me that I already had my own answers and that If I just stopped searching they would actually reveil themselves to me..

I think it is the readers task to take into consideration just how much of an impact they have on someone who has lost a love, or in dire need of just having someone to chat to ...

When you do find someone who lifts your heart up rather than dampen it, when you find someone who agree's that U can have a differr-ing oppinion to there's.. when you find someone who ticks all ur boxes and yet doesnt make you feel like ur being probed, then and only then should you consider taking there advice..

Remember we all have power, and luckily there are true readers who will only be too glad to help you in ur hour of need.. that is a heartwarming thing....

This is coming from someone who is still learning themselves, and I would rather someone tell me that I didnt connect with them the way they had hoped, and allow me to either direct them to someone else and say sorry for the misinformation... or try again...

But from the other side, when messages are being sent, sometimes they are not what you want to hear.. netherless, we should take on board all that is said and through the code there will lie ur own answers or another direction you havent discovered in your own journey...

Remember we create our OWN truth, you and only you can dictate what lies within ur soul,, Be strong. cause noone else can be for you when Ur the only one left...
Smiley

Love and Light

It would be nice to move towards a world where some people can barter services - some have the gift of healig - some literally can work with their hands and build houses - some can see things others cannot, or reach into the records to find answers.  To help as many people as possible, maybe it has to be the living for some,  but maybe they could take trade or donations so they wouldn't have to starve while serving others.

A word about readings re the future - I think the future is a  hard one because there are many different possible futures that sometimes hinge on minute decsions like turning a different way to go to work,  skipping a lunch break one day etc - only examples,  Its like a web to be unraveled and sometimes readers see a string of the web that stands out to them for some reason.

That's how I see it.  You seem to be a very sensitive person which is good in my eyes, feeling things so deeply - or even idealistically can be a positive thing, you experience life fully and hopefully can be empathetic about others.  at least, dats my story and I'm stickin' to it!  Smiley

Life's an Ocean, sail it.

IP Logged

Jaberwocky
Newbie Level 1

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #61 - 08/08/10 at 11:54:37

Steve wrote on 11/05/06 at 13:18:28:
(Message sent in by shekiba)

hi, dear my boyfriend left me 8 months ago for under known reason. iam so much hurt and i dont know what to do i did went to psychics for reading they all told me different story about him one said he is real player he do this with everyones just move on and other said oh too much bad luck. i really cant understand why he is acting like this i tried to call him he does not answer my calls and saying i dont know you. i known this guy for 3 years he changed over night. please help me i need honest people not like these psychics who just want take ur money and telling you lies i do hope i get honest help from you see what you can do for me his full name is aziz mir abdy was born on june 2 he is 26 to 27 years old. god bless shekiba toronto canada  

Im so sorry to hear bout your boyfriend, but dear, you dont need a Psychic, u just need to be strong, beleive in yourself and moove on. just my opinion, good luck to you

IP Logged

Dez
Newbie Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #62 - 08/13/10 at 07:12:25

I have gone to a a few psychics. You have got to be careful when choosing a psychic. If it's possible do some research on them first before you spend a lot of money on them.

IP Logged

Unicorn
Grande Fellow

Out of the darkness and
into the Light
Australia
Reply #63 - 08/18/10 at 12:29:02

There are many good psychics who use their gifts for the highest good, however there are also as many charlatans.  It is always best to do your research before paying for something that is not tangible.  Also be aware that some websites edit their readers ratings to ensure they look good.  
If a gifted psychic or clairvoyant decides she wants to make it their lifes work, they must charge for their service, otherwise, how are they going to put food on their table.  It's admirable, and fortunate, some do not charge, but do it for the pleasure of helping others, but they   Smileywould have another source of income.  Everyone must eat so I see nothing wrong with charging for your service - I do.

Be all you can
IP Logged

pinkskye
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #64 - 08/18/10 at 14:45:49

I have sampled a mixed variety of persoanal readings....and i have never experienced a GREAT reading over the years....Its fair to say that they were generally ok..but not concrete foundations of enlightenment...Can anybody reccomend a greta psychic?

IP Logged

firebirdbaby
Junior Member Level 5

Normal's just a cycle
on the washing machine!

Thermopolis,Wy.
Reply #65 - 08/19/10 at 14:45:01

[color=#00ffff][/color] Sad I never put much stock in psychics until my son died. He committed suicide but we were denied being able to see his body to say good-bye by his spiteful wife and were treated with open hostility and rudeness by law enforcement,along with other atrocities,and it affected me very strongly! He was my only boy and my first born and I hadn't seen him in over a year before he died,so I was not only grief stricken,but horrified by our treatment! I turned to my first psychic then and I knew she'd gotten in touch with him by her wording of things but she was wrong about a lot. She did say he was the easiest person she'd ever contacted. In the 6 years since his death I've consulted 6 other psychics in desperation to hear from him. Only 2 made me feel like they'd communicated with him. The last 4 have been in the last 6 months,and while some details didn't match,3 of the 4 said he'd been murdered. My family and I felt that very strongly from the very beginning but I was unable to think straight for a few years,plus I refuse to act out of emotion on anything I do,so I wanted to have them under control before I did anything. One evening after being frustrated with the sites that "help" you locate people/records,a very clear voice said..."What about a PI?" I'm from a world that PIs only exsist on t.v. but I began looking for one. The first one scammed me for $450 dollars but the next one has been a wonderul and intelligent woman who's done a lot of work for me,waving her normal $150 an hour fee and only charging me very little,using me to help her to keep the costs down. Most of his records have been destroyed but I got a death certificate and a coroners' report that looked fishy! I sat down and compared the death certificate to the coroners' report,something I hadn't done in the 2 weeks I'd had them both because a voice very clearly told me to! They didn't match in numerous areas and time of death was a full 31 minutes different on the certificate! The death certificate is filled out straight from the coroners report so how could the info be so different? I questioned the coroners report as the info I needed to see,the tox screen,had been marked as being done yet the results line was empty! The exam of the body when it goes to the morgue and is examined for other things and they mark it on those paper pictures,showing tatoos,scars,bruises and so on weren't even checked and weren't done! I did a re-enactment with my daughter in my house of how it said the body was and where the chair was and it coudn't have happened like that! The PI is still on the case and I'm still waiting but I contacted the psychics to see if they could see if it'd been murder. One of them immediately cut me off when I said suicide,said it was murder,murder,murder and cut off the session,asking for no pay and refusing to speak with me again. Two more said it wasn't suicide although the cause of death was a little different,facts which would back them up had the coroners report been done right! I'm frustrated with not getting a "100% true" psychic to help me but want so badly to keep asking to see how many others say it was murder! I can't do anything to who did it or change the end results,but the grief and pain are different from a suicide and a murder! My guilt and blaming myself for not raising a boy with more backbone that only suicide carrys with it,not to mention how some look at you when u say it was suicide,is different from the raw pain of the loss of a child to a murder or car wreck! Those can be explained! The guilt and personal blame would sure lift a huge weight from me if they were gone! My last hope for the real answer lays with a psychic,a true one,who can tell me! I have gotten very heavily into the world of psychics,angels,spirits and so on. It's actually helped me immensely as I now believe things I didn't before and am much closer to God and his angels,geting some peace in feeling I'm finally in the right realm! I don't like being taken advantage of while still hurting from the loss of my boy and so I don't ask so much now,just sit and wait! I'm very happy with the new circle of people this tragedy has brought to me as all of you in the "psychic" realm have been so caring and kind,unlike the people I'm used to dealing with! Just being able to chat with some of you and put my feelings on paper is worth never trying to have a psychic help me again! Sorry so long and thanks for listening! Smiley

IP Logged

Lacemuch
Interim Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

FL
Reply #66 - 09/08/10 at 23:16:44

Any psychic who gives advice instead of specific details to your life is fake.  If they start generalizing, they are fake...you can usually tell if you are having a real psychic connection or not.  Just because you are told something you don't want to hear does not mean they are scamming you, though.

IP Logged

zed
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #67 - 09/18/10 at 09:59:19

It bothers me that as soon as a psychic starts doing this for commercial gain, they lose the ability to say "I'm not getting anything"!
I think it should be possible for a psychic to be paid and not guarantee they'll pick something up - rather than spout universal truths!

IP Logged

anjie
Private

Reply #68 - 09/19/10 at 14:22:55

i think its ok for a psychic to charge a reasonable amount as i do believe energy is spent on reading.

however, i don't like the fact that some genuine psychics get excited over "addicts" as they help "pay the bills." It's not fine to continue charging vulnerable people who keep coming back. Psychics should discourage it, not welcome repetitive questions just because they're bloody getting paid.

IP Logged

minnieyumi
Grande Fellow

A smile is walking with
you all the way :)
uk
Reply #69 - 09/26/10 at 20:43:25

I have seen one psychic, she has done 2 hrs on me. i was really drained and dizzy afterwards. some of it its true. the other i doubt it. u have to go by your gut feeling.

I had paied her . She was a nice lady.

Minnie the Hugmonster Smiley
minnieyumi  
IP Logged

vicki43

I Love The Paranormal

UK
Reply #70 - 11/01/10 at 10:26:01

what i find really disturbing is the fact that alot of people go for readings when they are at their most vunerable and are looking for hope and answers. to be abused in this way for money by someone with no talent is disgusting.  when i was in my late teens i knew a woman who lived her life through her reader. she would do nothing without going to her first. i also went to her just to see what she was like and thought she wasnt very good at all. in fact every medium i have ever been to i have been highly suspect of, although i have had some good tarot readers in the past.

IP Logged

lisa318

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #71 - 12/23/10 at 01:57:14

I went to a physic this summer I sat in front of her for her to tell me that horse back riding gave you a big tush and i needed to lose 10 to 15lb ?????? OK I'm 5'5 and in a size 3 and 5 jean nothing really came true and $85 later.

IP Logged

DebbieJo
Private

Reply #72 - 12/31/10 at 16:32:13

For me, personally, i could NOT take money for a reading,, for me that isnt what its about. Readings are personal, carry a boat load of responsibility as you affect peoples very lives at times. People who are hurting for whatever reason, need to be treated with the utmost respect and care. If i dont have a spirit for a sitter that wants to send a message, i will not "wing it" as that is not what i do. For me, the blessing of being able to use a gift, a privilege, to give other people comfort and peace in a message from a loved one is enough,, thats my paycheck   Smiley

IP Logged

falcon
Grande Fellow

Reply #73 - 12/31/10 at 16:45:13

Well you will find fakes no matter where you go. Doctors, healers, property developers. Just google fakes and you will find fraudsters in every part of the working world. Google the news and you will hear about so called doctors being arrested because their certificates were forged, they never attended school. Healers being hunted for fraudulent healings and taking money for pretending to heal. Google fraudulent realestate deals. No matter where you go you will run into them, so get evidence that they are what they claim to be and don't go to one unless others have told you they have had great experiences. Word of mouth. Don't give any personal information about YOU to any psychic / healer. If they are real, they will tell YOU about you.
No true psychic will charge extortionate prices. They will charge just enough to barely survive.
Spirit helps with the gifts, spirit also knows and understands that this world is governed by money. We can not survive without it. Spirit will provide for us but they will not make us rich from it. So if a psychic healer asks for large amounts of money or tells you to return several times wracking up a bill or you feel uncomy with a doctor or a healer asking personal questions RUN and don't look back.

IP Logged

Vortex
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #74 - 12/31/10 at 18:47:30

the problem is someone that thinks there psychic u can not tell them ther not pyschic, its like muisc its like a musian in a band the lead singer thinks he can sing but if ur a real singer cna't change his mind
its really sad everyone wants to be pyschic but the truth is its not htat easy.

th problem lies with people thinkin ther pyschic but really ther not ,

the average pyschic reading is on personality never specifics oh yor this and that nice person ect its not a reading a real reading is specifics.

It would be good if all pyschics could work to gether but dont work that way

IP Logged

within
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Dover, Florida
Reply #75 - 01/04/11 at 14:44:39

I have been to a lot of psychic's in my day and yes I have been ripped off before for a lot of money...  I am ashamed to say the amount. There are a lot of wonderful psychics out there just as there are a lot of scams. I blame myself for not listening to my own guide sometimes when I have been told there scam and did it anyway..... Just because at the time I really needed someone to understand and Listen... as for as the one psychic that took a lot of money from me well I learned my lesson and they have to answer to god for that because they knew what they were doing....... Love and Light Within

Love and Light, Within

IP Logged

aerialrainbow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #76 - 01/14/11 at 21:07:26

hi there,

unfortunatly there are people like that in this world. i work for a spiritual church and she came because a so called pscyic had told her in a reading that her house had bad stuff in it and to remove it she needed to pay her a £100. luckly she came to us and unknowing this at the time i was the medium for that church that evening and it came out in a reading that nothing was wrong with her house and the look of relif in her eys and body language was lovley so its a horrible thing to happen but hopfully people will be able to see it.

gemma

IP Logged

cpet

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #77 - 02/13/11 at 02:28:07

I can sympathize with you because my boyfriend left me right after Christmas and we had been together for three years, too.  It has taken a toll on me because I love him still and would like to have him back in my life, but after 6 weeks of no phone calls and no anything I realize he is not even considering it.  I want to wait for him, but waiting for him is not doing me any good either.  I feel your pain and your sorrow and I will pray for you and hope that God intervenes in your situation and does something to wake him up!  It is hard to let go and I know that more than ever now.  God Bless You!  I hope and pray he comes back a better man than what he was when he left for you and your baby!

IP Logged

ashleedawn
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

indiana
Reply #78 - 02/22/11 at 03:16:59

i had a fertility spell done by a lady on ebay and im almost sure she was a fake it was done in oct and never took how do you tell the real from the money hungry heartless people?

IP Logged

Unicorn
Grande Fellow

Out of the darkness and
into the Light
Australia
Reply #79 - 02/22/11 at 08:45:20

Never pay for a spell.  Ask around if anyone knows a reputable psychic, or if you go to a psychic without knowing anything about them ask them to tell you something about yourself that is unique to you.  This gives you some proof they are connected to you and have some level of psychic ability.  If they can't do this, get up and leave.

For fertility, try a naturopath to get your body into the right  balance.  Herbalists have been known to have a degree of success with helping women fall pregnant.  A medical test by a Doctor would also help to ensure you and your partner are capable of conceiving a child.

Be all you can
IP Logged

AngelDee
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #80 - 02/27/11 at 14:18:40

I have been conned too! Especially psychic on ebays, not sure if I can list names on here but its so upsetting how people can take your money only to tell you want you wanna hear  Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Unicorn
Grande Fellow

Out of the darkness and
into the Light
Australia
Reply #81 - 03/03/11 at 22:24:49

I've had many readings during my life and I just want to explain a few things to you.

It is extremely rare to find a psychic who can predict with accurate timing.  If they say "June" and it doesnt happen the next June, dont be surprised if it happens June the following year.  I had a very good psychic explain a situation to me which made no sense whatsoever at the time, however that exact situation came into play 15 years after the reading  Smiley

Some things you are simply not meant to know.  If you wanted a psychic to tell you everything that was going to happen to you in the next six months, it would take them 6 months to tell you.    

Readings can be abstract.  As an example I told a woman who came to me for a reading, that I saw a move of house in August and I described the house.  She came back later and told me her daughter moved in August into the house I described.  

Dont always assume the reader is giving you a story, sometimes events take time to come into play and rarely do they happen in the way you think they will.

But again, word of mouth is the best way to find a very good reader.

Be all you can
IP Logged

bloodangel
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

North Carolina
Reply #82 - 03/08/11 at 04:22:59

I am actually having a psychic help me right now but I have my doubts because the person is trying to charge way too much. Almost a thousand dollars..I'm poor..real poor...if psychics really knew everything then why can't they see when you do not have the funds for anything..Just asking

IP Logged

Unicorn
Grande Fellow

Out of the darkness and
into the Light
Australia
Reply #83 - 03/08/11 at 05:31:52

What are you getting for $1,000??  thats an exhorbitant amount of money!!   I would be VERY reluctant to pay anyone who expects that kind of money.

Be all you can
IP Logged

wali

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #84 - 03/08/11 at 05:35:48

Please forget the idea that psychics know everything, they don't.
Most of them approach the job of receiving information as a fisherman would cast a net; they never know what they are going to catch.
If you have a specific problem, never tell it to a psychic.

IP Logged

Unicorn
Grande Fellow

Out of the darkness and
into the Light
Australia
Reply #85 - 03/08/11 at 05:43:23

Yes Wali I agree, its wrong to expect psychics to know everything.  They receive glimpses of your life, not entire episodes.

Be all you can
IP Logged

molly16
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #86 - 03/18/11 at 00:52:58

I've been to three, two in person and one online over the course of two and a half years, and they have all said very similar things, most haven't happened yet, but time will tell.  I think you can tell by feeling out the situation, if they are more interested in getting your money than in you.

IP Logged

Dragora
Junior Member Level 2

Blessed be yalll
abingdon,iL
Reply #87 - 03/19/11 at 05:52:34

I dont choose to waist my money on many psychics cause most of them ARE fake heh

Night+Drag  
IP Logged

TojayTurbo
Newbie Level 3

Burmese if you please...

North Carolina
Reply #88 - 03/23/11 at 07:10:05

my feeling on the subject is simply this - people do have a right to charge something if they are using a gift to make a living.  However, someone who has a real gift and wants to help people will ask a reasonable rate.  My skepticism is really with those who call themselves psychic and promise to give you these lucky numbers and such so you will win money gambling or on the lottery which is the same thing.  That is what sends off alarm bells for me.

IP Logged

Cherry1

Different body, same soul

The Philippines
Reply #89 - 03/26/11 at 03:11:18

If it doesn't feel right don't do it. As discussed earlier if they're fishing for information then politely thank them and leave.

Sometimes you don't even need a psychic you can look into yourself and work from there - you don't need anyone to tell you your power

xx

IP Logged

reader2247
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #90 - 03/26/11 at 04:39:04

Yes, its easy to get taken advantage of when you are VULNERABLE....DEPRESSED.....DESPERATE....all of the descriptors of being sad  when something you don't like happens to you.   Find comfort in the fact that it is natural and it happens to all of us.  You will live through it and be able to smile again.  Someone can and WILL prey on your vulnerability ONLY if you allow them to. You know what caused such pain and confusion although you may not have the answers...but know that your gut tells you when you are being taken advantage of.....blessings to you and may you heal quickly.

IP Logged

Sigma
Full Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

UK
Reply #91 - 04/07/11 at 13:42:58

Very interesting discussion, I agree that it's fine for psychics/mediums to charge we all have bills to pay and they are using their energy and gift.
However there are many scams around including some of the psychic telephone lines where allegedly they are instructed to keep callers on the line for x minutes.
A trauma or difficult time in life makes usually sensible people do desperate things including spending money they may/maynot have on psychics to find answers there was a story in a British newspaper about a middle class professional  lady who had spent thousands on psychics and got into huge amounts of debt.
Big hugs.

IP Logged

Sowhat

Reply #92 - 04/10/11 at 08:58:58

My mom used to go to psychics quite a couple of times during her single life.. and she totally got into this state of mind where she believed the psychics so much she totally dismissed everything that wasnt as they said it would be.. I think she missed out on quite a few opportunities in life cause of that.. so-- Here's what i want to say : u can go to psychics but dont stop living cause of what they say - doesnt matter if its truth or not.. Smiley U are the creator !

DC.

IP Logged

claude
Full Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #93 - 04/10/11 at 10:11:36

I am not sure if charging for this particular service is ethical.
I believe that if people are given the opportunity to pay in donations, then that is a welcome return gift.
Most desperate people are often in financial hardship, not all, but still.
Sharing our gifts blesses us, that in itself is a huge reward.
Seeing a smile on a previously sad face lightens up my whole day.
There are far too many gold diggers out there.

Claude

IP Logged

LadySwan
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #94 - 04/11/11 at 00:41:40

Im sorry to hear this hun, real psychics dont take your money and just disappear but unfortunately there r sum like that out there. I once payed like 120$ for a healing session because I was so desperate and threatened that if i didnt get rid of my negativities from my past I would lose someone i really loved. Watch out for psychics that scare you or try to gain control over your life with threats.

IP Logged

Werewolfchibichan
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #95 - 04/28/11 at 06:00:46

I'm glad I found this post. I have never been to a psychic before and recently I found this site. I understand that in this time money is very important and that everyone should be paid for their skills but unfortunately if you aren't psychic you can't tell who is also psychic. There is no indicator unless they manage to tell you something that you know but are sure they do not know about. That's all I can think of to test a psychic. Are there other ways?

IP Logged

mewblackcat
Grande Fellow

Dreamer
Canada
Reply #96 - 05/24/11 at 21:14:14

Wow, interesting to hear how many of the scammers out there have similar tactics.

About ten years ago, I visited a psychic about some fear of mine (long story). The psychic was on a shop on the high street. This psychic initially charged $40 for the reading, then during the reading built up the story of negative energy etc. and if I just bought some candles and gems from her for another $60, and burnt the candle every day for three days until it burnt down, I could give her a call and she’d counsel me from there.
So $60 for a black candle, and two agate gems.

I went home, burnt the candle as she asked. In three days, I tried to call her. At first her family said she wasn’t there. Another time she sounded brusque and asked me to call back. Eventually I got hold of her, and she asked if I’d burnt the candle. I said I had, and she said for me to come see her again.

I went to her house. She sat me down in a room upstairs, didn’t tell me anything except that she saw there was ‘some work to do’ on me, and that it would cost $400.

$400!

I told her I didn’t have that kind of money, or it seemed a little expensive, and she mentioned that she had famous clients… pointed out an ornate mirror, a gift from a powerful client… etc – kind of ‘proving’ she was good, I guess. I said I’d go get the money.

I got to the cash point at the local store, decided I’d be ashamed of myself if I actually drew out that money to throw into what seemed to be a pointless fire Smiley I bought the psychic a small box of chocolates, wrote a card to the effect of, “thank you – but this feels wrong” and left it outside her door on the garden path.

And then for some reason I ran fast, fast, fast down the road, away from the house. I just got such a bad feeling about her and the house.
A few years later I saw her at a carnival (presumably giving readings). She came over to the tent where I was working as a temp at one point, to speak to someone else I think. I said hello, but honestly I don’t think she remembered me.

It was bad, but it could have been worse, I suppose.

On a side note, I have to say, these forums give me faith back in the spiritual/psychic community. It really seems like such a friendly, informative and loving place here. Glad to be a part of it!

MBC

IP Logged

melloe19

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #97 - 06/04/11 at 02:11:19

there are so many psyhics who r after your money.. for instance the psychcis who tell you that they will give you a reading for free... well doont blieve it cas when they r done their reading they will ask you if you want to pay for some kind majic workk to be done it a cathc i tell you

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #98 - 06/04/11 at 15:00:54

I keep seeing the ads in Google mail for Nora. I went onto a forum to find people dismissing her 'work' out of hand, saying it was a con to get money, then someone else said her readings were accurate ...
I do readings.  I was working for someone in the States one time, but, even though I clearly marked my services as SPIRITUAL, I was asked things like 'when will I marry, how many children will I have and when' and another 'give me the date and time when I will win the lottery and clear all my debts' and they rebelled and complained when I said I would not and could not do such a thing!  That is not why we are here. We are here to give evidence of life after death, and give some guidance of the pathway we are walking, to try and avoid the worst of the boulders if we can. But, if we never walked into a boulder now and then, how would we learn?
My boulder came two weeks ago when I had a serious car accident. I have had to buy another car, I am visiting the police today to give my statement, the whole thing has been horrid and traumatic to put it mildly.  But it is a major lesson, if not particularly for me, for the others involved, (according to spirit.)
There are good mediums out there, the best thing is to ask around, get recommendations from others who have had a sensible, logical and above all accurate reading, if you can. Wink

Rose Rivers, medium and writer
IP Logged

SK
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #99 - 06/13/11 at 00:48:37

Hi. I had troubles finding the right psychic for me. Its like picking a therapist which one that is best suited for you. I had someone recommanded to me. When someone is recommanded to you by a friend or family you would think their usually good. Not with this case. I was told she was able to give one free reading to see if you want to continue with the reading with her. I ask her one question that nobody really knows but my family and she started to get quiet (I thought she was tunning into me) she repeated my question sounded unsure. She started stuttering and then started to get hostile for no apprent reason. She keep on bringing up money money for her readings that she did not even answer 1 free question i had for her. So i got upset shes acting this way towards me. I got very dissapointed and told her off. The thing was I was very excited because I thought she was going to be real and I was ready to do a reading with her cash out of pocket if she answered 1 question on point. She makes the real psychic out there impossible to find.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #100 - 06/19/11 at 18:18:17

One of the problems a medium has is finding a good medium to read for them.  I have three.  One is the founder of a group of psychics (her guide shared a past life with me...) one is a Romany and one is a friend who helped me develop.  These are the ones I rely on for true readings. I found them after a good deal of trial and error ... and expense but that is how we learn in our life anyway.

IP Logged

minifx00
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #101 - 07/01/11 at 09:23:28

a lot of the mediocre readings i've gotten involved general information that could apply to almost anyone.  but the best readings i have ever gotten have been for free....someone on another message board, from only knowing my username, knew the exact location and shape of a scar on my body with totally blew me away

but yes, be wary about the readers who are either asking for big money or making big claims

IP Logged

Stan
Interim Member Level 3

Experiencing the experience

Washington
Reply #102 - 07/01/11 at 12:08:29

i cannot express how much i oppose charging money for a reading. a psychic ability is a gift. it is something you are given in order to share, and to help others in the world. not to make money. i have a difficult time not expressing the anger it causes me when people charge for readings.

i'd also have to agree that the best of readings are free. i have tinkered with some of those 1-800 sort of psychics and it's just general info that could apply to anyone, or it's things that are impossible to confirm, such as prattling on about nothing but a past life, etc.

really makes me mad.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #103 - 07/01/11 at 15:50:18

those who feel they can make a living from giving readings are not to be scorned fully, it depends on the level of commitment to the reading, as in, are they worth it?  Dusty Mario is, Silver Moon psychics are, dare I say it, I am at times too.  
Freebies are sometimes good, sometimes not so good. I ask for commitment when someone is reading for me and feel if I am paying, I get that. Not always, but mostly.
Now healing is a different matter entirely, I have never charged for healing, nor would I.

IP Logged

williams247
Full Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

coventry
Reply #104 - 07/10/11 at 00:13:04

I have also been ripped off by some cowboys, one told me I would be married with 4 kids and 27 and be so rich that I would reitre at 30 lol I would never retire at 30, how boring, unless I died. you seem a nice person, im sure you will meet the right person and I hope you do.love and light x

IP Logged

Hunter76
Interim Member

Fear is the only mistake
man makes
Nashville, TN
Reply #105 - 07/17/11 at 03:28:04

My experience with bad psychics is 99% of the time. The last reading I had she kept throwing out names that had no connection to me. she would laugh it off and say opps oh well. She even told me she looked me up online to read about me on my website before the reading! I've resigned to thinking most are in deed fakes and thus why we are warned against them in the bible. Not so much that it's evil as the mainstream conservatives believe, but rather beware because of their cheating! Tongue

Hunter76  
IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #106 - 07/17/11 at 11:41:07

a terminally ill friend has been searching for proof and, as so many have found on this thread, she has run into the 'bad' mediums over and over. But finally she has found someone who nailed down names and dates, personalities and evidence she could not ignore.  It has taken a lot of searching but it is there and she has found it. I think now she can go into her final days with a calmer mind than she had before. She is currently at the Harry Edwards Healing Sanctuary looking for some help for those final days.

IP Logged

77FallenAngel77
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #107 - 07/20/11 at 09:46:58

I do beleive these people have a gift, and i dont think theyre lying (most f the time) but i think many concentrate on entertaining. If you can sit and ay nothing you shouldnt have to ask questions or contribute to information...you will know theyre a good psychic i went to one reading she kept telling me to shush but it was new to me but im glad she did.
People you see on tv they are losing touch with their gift when having to make up information......i dont think under pressure i cans tand on a stage in front of hundreds of people and make instant contact with people. Iv heard of scams around the UK where they plant people in the audience so if spirits fail to deliver they get somebody to pretend a reading is for them.
But i am a chef and a wrter if i can earn money making a cake i will...it will be more than what is cost to make but you dont get through life on just love and hope and being kind , unfortunately money makes this world go round , i am not greedy but i get by by the skin of my teeth. Often if you lay in bed and talk to the other half you are missing in spirit just talk quietly you wont get an answer straight away but you could be washing your hair and something will pop in your head that will be spirit world answring you...hope this helps? x

IP Logged

MoSh187
Full Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #108 - 07/25/11 at 06:18:18

I've wasted a lot of money on keen.com. There ARE some extremely gifted people there. I met a lot who will read me accurately, give me interesting predictions... and then say "in order to bring this into your life i have to do a spell..." I usually hang up right there. I mean I'm looking for a reading... not a friggin sales pitch. don't use your gifts to give false hope.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #109 - 07/25/11 at 11:12:23

That's wrong, offering to sell you a spell.  Dusty Mario, a Romany psychic, offers all sorts of readings, some have spells, some don't. You choose what you want - it isn't a condition of purchase.
I am doing a tarot reading tomorrow night, I will not be offering spells, it isn't part of my work.

IP Logged

Old Soul
Interim Member Level 5

Trust yourself

Reply #110 - 08/03/11 at 02:13:42

My wife and I just returned from the second trip to Lilly Dale. The coarse we took this year was Evidential Mediumship. It was a three day coarse, that taught us to stretch ourselves and ask for evidence of who the person was that was coming through for the person we were reading. There were alot of profeshional Mediums there taking the coarse with us, we all talked about this same issue, and it is a shame that some that have the skill don't put into each reading what they should, especally the phychic part of the reading. Even though my wife and I did well with the psychic excersises that we did , we would never dream of doing a psychic reading at our level of skill.

IP Logged

PrincessSerena
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #111 - 09/21/11 at 18:47:34

I wish I coulf find a good honest psychic that could help me...I am trying to find one close to my area but my mother said not to trust them because they tricked my father too and we had to pay over one thousand dollars with no results! If anyone knows a quality psychic please let me know for I have many inresolved questions!

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #112 - 09/21/11 at 19:03:19

no one should pay that kind of money!
the first thing is, where are you, PrincessSerena? I can only advise on psychics/mediums in the UK.

IP Logged

Lostsight

I Love The Paranormal

Arizona, USA
Reply #113 - 09/25/11 at 12:16:38

Oh im so sorry don't waste your time i know you are beating yourself up over it but don't he is not worth it you will find a better guy trust me there is always better!

William The Reader

IP Logged

homebound
Moderators

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #114 - 09/25/11 at 17:26:42

It is such a shameful thing that one who is gifted would choose to cheat those who are desperate for help.  They see this desperation and work to take atvantage for their own benefit.

I guess one doesn't have to be an average person to be a crook.  
This is all so very sad to me.  One must always be alert to the guidance of their higher self.  This can be difficult at times, but trust your own heart.  If there is ANY doubt as to sincerety of ANY psychic, RUN, do not walk, RUN to the nearest exit.  That doubt is telling you something.

IP Logged

evangeline73
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #115 - 09/26/11 at 23:03:05

i have paid for some good ones and they were on point. i do believe there is nothing wrong about getting paid for readings, but at the same time giving back to the community is good for the soul. i seen one lady charge 900 for a reading! i was like wtf. for that price i will figure it out myself.
« Last Edit: 09/26/11 at 23:05:17 by evangeline73 »  

IP Logged

jtsix
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #116 - 09/27/11 at 07:29:20

It can get kind of scandelous with the outrageous rate some do charge  for their working  and alot of scams do take place but there  still honorable, decent people out there  everybody is not the same ...

Light, Progress, Blessings
« Last Edit: 09/27/11 at 07:30:36 by jtsix »  

IP Logged

Mo.
Grande Fellow

Reply #117 - 09/27/11 at 09:21:19

PrincessSerena wrote on 09/21/11 at 18:47:34:
I wish I coulf find a good honest psychic that could help me...I am trying to find one close to my area but my mother said not to trust them because they tricked my father too and we had to pay over one thousand dollars with no results! If anyone knows a quality psychic please let me know for I have many inresolved questions!

over a thousand dollars !!! Shocked. oh my word , if i was you id report this person and try and retrieve your money thats disgraceful they charged your father like that !!! Angry

IP Logged

evangeline73
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #118 - 09/27/11 at 22:44:52

try this site http://spellscams.freeforumsblog.com/. they have really good info on spell casters and people who do readings. create a free account and check it out. i am always there. it will save time and money.

IP Logged

jhanna85
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #119 - 10/01/11 at 05:47:47

I think people who have a gift are willing to help others even if they cannot afford to pay. At least thats what I would do

IP Logged

evangeline73
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #120 - 10/01/11 at 23:44:53

i agree with that. also if you do not want to be pestered because of your gift, you should let people know you have it. though, that issue can eat you up inside.

IP Logged

Jessica Hardy
Interim Member Level 2

Slider / Clairvoyant /
Clairaudient..
Newcastle-UK
Reply #121 - 10/04/11 at 16:25:01

I have had experiences with them too. I was so desperate to hear from my Mum after she passed away so I went to see one. He was flamboyant and kept trying to trick me into telling him loads of info as he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He was happy to take my money though x

IP Logged

Jessica Hardy
Interim Member Level 2

Slider / Clairvoyant /
Clairaudient..
Newcastle-UK
Reply #122 - 10/04/11 at 16:26:37

I am a clairvoyant and I have given many readings for free. I don't think its fair of me to charge and if I have a message for someone I will tell them without an exchange of money

IP Logged

Fetish215
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #123 - 10/10/11 at 23:57:25

I think that the guy is just trying to get away from you and just does not want anything to do with you.  I mean if he was someone who cared about you, he wouldn't say that he didn't know you and so on.  Maybe he was cheating on you for so long that he didn't want his other gf to  know that he was with both at the same time.  I say move on and if he ever really cared about you and wanted you back he'll contact you and try his hardest to get you back and will do whatever he can.

IP Logged

sskillzs
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #124 - 10/12/11 at 06:38:35

I agree with everyone here.  I have learned my lesson with goin to any psychic and paying money.  From now on, I would rather be referred by someone or have some type of positive feelings about the visit before going and spending money.  I have been scammed twice in less than two weeks.

IP Logged

energygirl
Full Member Level 2

Canada
Reply #125 - 10/19/11 at 05:52:44

Wow thats not good to hear sskillzs, some people man.

I've had this happen.

I went back to the same lady...and she repeated everything she told from last time, word for word. I still payed. She even said " I think I've seen you before" about half way through. LoL
The whole time she didnt recongnize me!

And then I go to a tea room diner where I live, some of them are good, some of them just want to make money it seems.
I'm soo skeptical because I worry about which ones are real or not because they dont use clarivoyancy.
They use tarot cards, teacup, palm. And I'm not really into those.
I think the real gifted ones use clarivoyance, just my opinion.

Yeah. This sucks. And it's sad.

-Energygirl

IP Logged

newbie28
Junior Member Level 3

Positivity
Ontario, Canada
Reply #126 - 10/21/11 at 23:59:45

Honestly I have gone to psychics in the past and spent over $2,000.00 and I can tell you that you will mostly hear different stories from each one you go to and will end up wasting your money. You need to find a psychic that connects to you well and will give you an honest insight and is not init for the money. If that seems impossible then the best thing you can do is stop squandering your money on psychics and just leave it to God. Sometimes stressing over a problem sendings out negative energy to the other person and will delay or may even make things worse so just send him loving thoughts and if you can't do that just try not to think of him and let everything unfold the way it should.  I know its easier to give advice than to take it but have faith Smiley

IP Logged

flyingspirit
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #127 - 10/22/11 at 04:47:00

it is sad.. but way i see it, if your to greedy its bad, but sometimes if this is all you do for work you still need to survive. You got to find that happy balance. I may charge a small fee for readings but  do other things to help that i dont charge for like spiritual stuff that i just do, i even give readings free if it i a message they really need to hear. Just got to becarful who you go to. if you have a pure heart you will be ok.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #128 - 10/22/11 at 12:01:48

energygirl, some people need to work with tools (tarot, teacups etc) for one reason, it is their link with spirit. I use stones (ordinary pebbles) to do 1/12 hour readings with my Mayan guide, I use picture tarot to give quick readings (which are remarkably accurate - even long distance and not having met the person) and I use clairvoyance from the platform. If I were to turn up at someone's house to do a reading and not use some kind of tool for them to connect to, they would find it hard to accept the words.

IP Logged

hypnowitch
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #129 - 12/11/11 at 02:49:50

I have been to many psychics as well.  I had one that wanted to keep me sooo dependant on her that she would tell me what I wanted to hear and just keep me on the line.  I have also had the ones that want to burn candles to cleanse my aura or to pray for me.  I don't need to pay anyone to pray for me and neither does anyone else.  I do see a psychic now that I really like, but too, I still have to watch for the embellishments.  But, she has been right on about a lot of different things.  Just be careful out there when trying to find a good psychic or reader.

IP Logged

luving1
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #130 - 12/19/11 at 07:51:16

I have had an astrological reading that was some what accurate but not a true gifted person then I  came a cross another individual whom I  believe is more accurate but had I not had enough faith in that astrloger I  wouldn't have found the real accurate asrologer thank you and blessed be with love and light

IP Logged

michee
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Canada
Reply #131 - 12/25/11 at 23:18:29

Hi there,
I have never even charged a penny for doing a reading on anyone. Helping people is my passion, and if I am going to be paid for doing my passion, I would much rather be paid for it by the government in a social work setting where my client is not aware of my abilities. Currently I bartend, and I find that I am really able to help people at work too. I do not talk about my abilities with anyone at work, however, they can certainly sense that I am very different, and have made mention of this to me. The fact that I am actually able to help these people by tuning into their emotions as well as being able to see whcih path to take for a positive outcome gives me more than money ever could! Smiley They call me the "counsellor" Smiley
I have also been the victim of such scammer "psychics."
Miche

~The more that you empower the lives of others

the more that you empower your own life ~

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #132 - 12/26/11 at 11:59:14

Miche, yes, people can tell when you are 'different.' I do charge if I do a reading, as it can take me 1 1/2 hours and that is time I would otherwise spend writing or editing, to earn money, so...

IP Logged

michee
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Canada
Reply #133 - 12/26/11 at 20:09:08

That makes sense then Smiley
In my case, I'm already at work and the person isn't  even aware that they are getting a free reading.. hehehe

IP Logged

courtneylizg
Junior Member Level 4

new to this :)

Reply #134 - 12/27/11 at 23:09:40

there is aalways going to be fakes out there but u have to give it a try. its worth the money!

IP Logged

livingspirit
Fellow Member

Everyone Deserves A Chance

Stevens Point, WI
Reply #135 - 01/14/12 at 14:02:26

This is why I am not psychic or don't ever care to be considered it!!!!

I am intuitive. I know things before they happen but there is something that tells me that through a message, a quick image, a thought/idea/expression, and so forth. I use my cards to help me as a concrete path, but in no means do I tell my "clients" that this is going to happen and you should expect it to happen in this amount of days or even hours.

I take my gift seriously and I am at a point that I will start charging. It takes a lot of energy and I need some kind of an exchange, but I am not going to charge so much you are going to have to take a second mortgage on your house for goodness sake.

There are times in life, just like in relationships that won't work. In my new business, I will use those first minutes to see if we are a match and have a connection. Sometimes it is just not your reader and you just don't mesh well together. That doesn't mean a "psychic" should just advantage of that and just offer you stuff you really already know. I am a good judge of energy and if I see that it isn't working and the "no's" are rolling in, I will ask that person to leave and be done for that day. I will not charge and let them be on their way.

And just thinking about the original message, the "psychic" must have picked up on the woman's vulnerability. People really don't change overnight but you have to look at their patterns. Having no connection in this, I would just suggest that he had some extra dark secrets and skeletons in the closet. He just ran away not thinking about the consequences. Eight months is long enough to know to just let it be, but never stop trying. If there is more to that story, he will return. She came to the right place by asking people of like-mind their spiritual opinion which is sometimes more powerful than adding a dollar sign to it.

That is all my guides are allowing me to say. I hope that was insightful.

Blessings,

Sarah

I am here because I have a message. I will share it with you all in time. Many blessings.
jim_sarah_martin  
IP Logged

whiteknight
Full Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #136 - 01/19/12 at 21:15:34

hmmm...... it grieves me to hear stories of people being ripped off , of course it does but it also gripes me to hear people DEMANDING answers from psychics and mediums....... when working psychics work on energies of that person at that time and the energies around them............if there not picking up on the energies the sitter wants does that make the psychic wrong?

Secondly, mediums........when a sitter wants a specific person to come through, a medium can not demand certain spirits to come through.

we have to remember at teh end of the day psychics and mediums do not have or know all the answers all the time...........

the flip side of the coin is yes there are people out there earning a quick buck so my suggestion is goto someone recommended by others and or try and find your own answers if u feel youve been ripped off  Smiley

Just for today ...

Do not anger

Do not worry

Be humble

Be honest (in your feelings with other people)

Be compassionate towards yourself and others

IP Logged

nikkit
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #137 - 01/21/12 at 22:39:50

i am wondering is liveperson psychic's have a good name ... iv had a good few reading from them a good few dont really no what they are talking about and then the ones i feel do have all said the the same things for my future ... so im taking it they are good if they have all said the same kinda thing ..

id love to be recommended to a brillient non expensive psychic that i could email or contact when i feel like a perk up and qurious on future ..

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

michee
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Canada
Reply #138 - 02/21/12 at 05:49:58

nikkit wrote on 01/21/12 at 22:39:50:
id love to be recommended to a brillient non expensive psychic that i could email or contact when i feel like a perk up and qurious on future ..  

Hi nikkit Smiley
I have been practicing readings in chat. While reading your post, I felt you would be a good fit for me to practice. I see you have your ten posts plus which is all you need for a FREE reading here at ABT Smiley
Catch me in chat and I'll be happy to do a reading for you.
Blessings,
Michee
PS- Here's the link to my bio Smiley
http://anybodythere.net/cgi-bin/paranormal-forums/YaBB.pl?num=1326230194

IP Logged

Lyndsay
Junior Member Level 3

Ohio, United States
Reply #139 - 03/13/12 at 20:59:44

Over the last 12 years I have been to several psychics and have found some things that make me think they may or may not be legitimate.  

Everyone wants to be loved and treated well.  Almost everyone has some stress in their work and family relationships.  I need more specific information.  When I was first searching for a trustworthy reader, I was very guarded about what I would tell them.  I found that the good readers would tune in, then tell me what they got, and we'd discuss the relevance, instead of asking me lots of questions and then reading my answers.  I always found those readings to be much more general and felt like a waste of my money.  

IP Logged

emac01
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #140 - 03/20/12 at 04:23:10

Recently I have looked for a local psychic for a quality reading.  I find myself with so many questions, and even open to the idea of a medium, but where to find one?  It's not like many advertise.  I also agree- of those that do advertise, many tend to be nothing more than money grubbers.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's true.

In the past, and mostly for fun, I have seen three separate psychics, mostly from walking down the street and seeing a sign advertising their services.  Of the three:
1. one was dead on regarding so many different aspects of my life (tarot reading).  She was also, by far, the cheapest.
2. One was, in my opinion, completely fake, and the most expensive as well.  Something about her told me that I should not react to what she says, but rather just listen.  Since what she said was mostly not applicable, it took no effort to not react, but seeing no response on my part actually made her stop halfway through and ask me why I wasn't reacting.  
3. The last one, and also rather expensive, gave a tarot reading.  A lot of the stuff seemed on point, but she seemed very inexperienced.  I understand that we all need to learn how to hone our natural gifts, but the price seemed somewhat steep for someone new on the block.  She also asked for personal information during the reading, which I did not feel comfortable discussing but did so thinking it may help the reading.  

I have searched for quality and it seems that so many want to charge hundreds of dollars for a simple reading.  Meanwhile I have family and friends who will tell me that they simply bumped into someone (like at a party) who happened to be a psychic and received an excellent reading.  It jades me.  Sad

IP Logged

TiggyTori
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Palatka, Florida
Reply #141 - 03/21/12 at 23:06:34

Right now I am working on my abilities, and this is what I see.

I see another woman. I see her being the reason that he is not returning your calls.

Now I want to ask you this.

WHY would you want to be with someone who does not want to be with you, has a clear disreguard for your feelings. You can not become obsessed and dwell on one person.

There are plenty of men out there who would treat you right and not dream of going off with another woman or hurting you in such a fashion that you go out and seek help from psychic's and put yourself in a situation where insted fo seeking answers on what is going on between you and him anymore you are seeking a psychic who has a real gift and is not lying to you.

You deserve to be happy. You will never truely be happy with him. If he takes you back you will always remember this time apart and it will have a negative impact on your relationship forever. You will never overcome it. You will always fear that he is going to leave you again. It is time to move on.

I wish you the best of luck.

IP Logged

dmj3p
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #142 - 03/27/12 at 00:49:36

It is sad that a gift always has to be paid into, I believe if you have a gift you should share it. you were given something so remarkable why wouldnt you want to share it and help others.

IP Logged

McMelly Mel
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #143 - 03/28/12 at 02:22:38

I would stop going to psychics if I were you first of all.  Second of all, have you tried talking to him about this?  It seems a bit of an over reaction to go to psychics about a break up.  I am not trying to sound harsh but first try talking to him.  If that doesn't work then unfortunately you will need to figure out a way to move on.  There are other fish in the sea, my dear Wink

IP Logged

bloodangel
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

North Carolina
Reply #144 - 04/09/12 at 01:30:40

I know just exactly how you are feeling. I have been to several psychics myself. I see someone local and she is amazing, but we don't really talk about specifics or anything and that does get abbreviating after awhile. Just once I would like to hear something relevant to what I am going through at the moment. I pretty much know about my past (I've lived through it) but I want to know more about the present and the future. Any advice? Cheesy

IP Logged

Stacey M
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Dublin, Ireland
Reply #145 - 04/12/12 at 00:16:25

I think wev all encountered these people Sad horrible to think there is such people out there.. i have been told there was a negative energy surrounding me and thats y i wasn moving on and cudn love again.. al for the lovely price of $250 to fix me haha run away!

IP Logged

Vortex
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #146 - 04/19/12 at 14:52:34

THERE IS GOING TO BE

IP Logged

Eckscalibur

Reality is all simply
a matter of perspective

Weatherford, TX
Reply #147 - 05/09/12 at 06:37:13

It's my opinion that those who choose to seek fame and riches with their gifts are bound to lose them. It's happened time and time again when these "psychics" are publicly maimed and ridiculed for their "abilities." It's my firm belief that those with true talent don't go around making a name for themselves. Their name just happens to come with the territory. Those with talent that I've met have been awesome people who are remarkably humble. At least most of them. If I do one day become great, it's my aspiration to be humble, friendly and kind. I want to never forget where I came from and be as honest as I can to others. Not for the fame or money, but because of personal choice and dignity.

IP Logged

mysticindian
Private

Reply #148 - 06/17/12 at 18:08:26

I have been to a couple Psychics here in town.....  The last one was a joke....  If she picked up on it.. she never mentioned one thing about me being gifted..... but she seemed really nervous the whole time too... and she tried to pull a scam over on me.... and gave my money to listen but at the end of session.. vowed never to go back....

The first one I went to..... was very very good and very reasonable....   I always keep her card with me in case I want to go  because should I go to another one here in town.. it will be here only.....

I think there are alot of Psychics out there and alot of those..... will use their gifts for selfish reasons and to manipulate  people which makes the rest of us Psychics  looked down upon by some....  But I learned a long time ago.... one of the reasons we are handed these gifts.. is simply to help or aid others..... we are not supposed to charge or ask for anything in return.... it is called.. "giving"  from your heart..... to help others ...... everyone is born with the tools to be gifted but, it is up to each and everyone to take initiative to develop it into something meaningful and special....

Still, it is not right to charge for such things to give or aid others.... It is kind of like saying,... "here, let me help you across the bridge but first, give me all ur money and I will help you"....  

Yes, I  may go to this one lady in town once a while but not very often..     and she is very reasonable too.  And another thing...  when I went to this lady and she  never had met me.... as soon as I sat down in front of her.... she started listing off all the gifts I  had and  things I had seen and done.....

Bu then to be honest.... I just look to GOD for it all .....

Smiley
« Last Edit: 06/17/12 at 18:10:05 by mysticindian »  

IP Logged

angelelle
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #149 - 07/03/12 at 17:45:03

I would like to add My thoughts on paying for à psychic. At the end of the day if someone chooses to make à living using their abilities then i believe they can charge à reasonable amount for this, and i mean reasonable! After all you wouldnt work for free would you? However, i agree with people who say the low key ones are the best. I have à friend who reads palms and she has been spot on with me in the past. However, when she tried to start charging for it she found it harder to read. I do tarot readings for friends for free because i enjoy it and am developing My talents. Cant imaging charging for it now but who knows in the future. I believe there are true psychics out there and i respect their decision to charge for their services. There are also scams and people WHO overcharge.

IP Logged

Laetus
Fellow Member

Tu es Deus
Los Angeles
Reply #150 - 07/10/12 at 23:57:55

I've been read in person by three AMAZING psychics. Every one of them initiated the reading, telling me they felt the 'need' to show me something. None of them charged me a dime.

I cant imagine paying a stranger to tell me about myself. If they have something that needs said, I'm happy to listen, but to charge someone to give them your subjective opinion seems a very slippery slope indeed.

My $.02

IP Logged

korbyl

I Love The Paranormal

Fort Lewis, Washington
Reply #151 - 07/11/12 at 05:55:40

I think if you are on the right website or using one you trust, then no.. they are all not rip offs.

IP Logged

angelelle
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #152 - 07/13/12 at 16:09:28

I think it is up to each and every one but I think in my humble opinion you can not expect someone who reads fulltime to do it for free. A lot of us have different gifts but if we make it our job then we would not expect not to be paid and live on air! I recently came into contact with a lovely psychic who has this as a 9-5 job. She works as a medium as well as does spells and sells charms, crystals etc through an e shop.  She has chosen to do this as her job and I would not dream of expecting her to do a free reading. She puts a lot into her work. I just envy all you who have true abilities who chose to make a living out of it....must be fantastic to have a job you love that really helps people as well.

IP Logged

Dylan73
Full Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #153 - 07/26/12 at 02:05:20

Its my opinion that if someone is providing a good service that they should be paid in order to sustain themselves. After all it involved training, time, effort, focus and experience. And it continues to take time, energy, and attention. However, I am speaking of people that provide a valid legitimate service. Sometimes the only way to know this is through word of mouth, and this is what I would recommend, above all else. There are plenty of fantastic psychics out there and they are well worth the money, but you can likely also get readings for free. In some cases these will be from well trained legitimate psychics, and other times from people who are still developing and you may not be made aware of the difference in skill. Again I would go on word of mouth. Good luck to you x

IP Logged

morningstarlight
Full Member Level 2

Love with all your heart!<br
/>
Florida
Reply #154 - 09/29/12 at 08:16:27

It's the ones that don't have the talent that take the money make it bad for the true talented ones.

IP Logged

Jin604
Full Member Level 4

Reply #155 - 10/21/12 at 13:47:40

Saddens me to know there are people that get paid to give people advice that they don't really value. Sometimes it's just a money grabber, so much for their gifts..

Jin604 antiqueclean  
IP Logged

Modele32
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #156 - 10/22/12 at 22:09:33

I dont mind paying but they lie so much just to make the quick buck of ppl hard working money is what pisses me off...

IP Logged

Free_Spirit 13
Interim Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Tasmania
Reply #157 - 11/19/12 at 09:48:26

I have never turned to anyone for a reading, i feel if i need answers then i can seek them out for myself at least this way i know within me what is to be truth. Am afraid of scammers and those that give generic answers.

IP Logged

Rainnelor
Grande Fellow

No punishment; no reward--only
consequences
North Carolina
Reply #158 - 11/19/12 at 13:19:43

A more 'selective' way to find a reader:

If you have a specific interest or a developing gift, read books written by those who practice this gift (for me it was mediumship so I read tons of books written by mediums) and you can quickly tell if you have confidence in their intelligence and their integrity.  A couple of the books I read were written by a medium in New Zealand, so I then went online to her website to see if she does readings by email or phone.  I got an amazing read, because I was looking for validation on some things that I already believed to be true as far as my relationship with someone and the direction my spiritual path was taking.  So, even though we need to find answers for ourselves, if you are fully into developing and serving in this area, it helps to get some feedback sometimes.

It is not necessary to fear or mistrust all readers...but you need to do some 'research' into who meets your standards...when you find a person of that nature, you will know that they 'resonate' with you

(That is certainly not to say that all good readers have authored books or that all authors are good readers....it is just something that might help someone who is really skittish and wants to really 'vent' someone before getting a reading.)
« Last Edit: 11/19/12 at 13:22:06 by Rainnelor »  
Rainnelor Rainnelor  
IP Logged

yummybrummy

I Love The Paranormal

Dubai, UAE
Reply #159 - 11/20/12 at 07:03:52

I think the majority of us one time or another have been 'scammed' - unfortunately it's the selfish harsh world we live in.

We all have to wise up to our past mistakes and learn by them....

IP Logged

Akaalis Benjamin
Full Member Level 2

Steady and Calm Elevation

Reply #160 - 12/06/12 at 20:21:50

Question: whatever happened to Ms. Cleo????  Grin

IP Logged

StillWaters
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

USA
Reply #161 - 12/07/12 at 03:02:03

I think Ms. Cleo's company was sued and shut down.  Wow this brings back memories  Grin

IP Logged

learning spirit
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #162 - 02/21/13 at 15:29:01

what a world we live in?  There are sharks and there are lambs.  I will neverr undersdtand why people always seek an advantage if it depossesses someone else.  Surely even the most self-seeking must realise it only damages themselves?
blessed be

IP Logged

Ohnoo
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #163 - 02/21/13 at 20:59:02

Its sad when people do this,

But usually scam psychics - Say, that you have a curse on you, and to remove it, they will ask for huge amounts of money, of often they say they will cleanse it for you and ask for extra money.

A psychic -- simple guides you, by reading your energy. They cannot solve your problems for you! You have to solve your problem by your self!

Ans if a psychic tries to scare you, simply leave and ask for your money back!

A real, professional psychic would not do this, its just not very ethical. Shocked

IP Logged

mistychick82878
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

okeechobee fl
Reply #164 - 02/26/13 at 01:30:21

i just had a woman offer to help me take advantage of a wonderful movement in stars or planets aligning in my favor but i have to give her 80.00 so i dont miss out on this wonderful life changing erra that happens for me in the next 72 days....in return she will give me a name a date and two books....and she goes on to say that i always throw up barriers and that i should allow her to help me....is this for real

IP Logged

oc
Grande Fellow

I am me. :)

Reply #165 - 02/26/13 at 04:02:44

mistychick82878, sounds like a scam to me. Smiley

two little letters ^‿^

IP Logged

Rory
Full Member Level 4

Psychic/Medium
US
Reply #166 - 03/29/13 at 05:06:29

This has to be my BIGGEST pet peeve. A psychic that wants to get paid for doing a read. WHY????? They didn't have to pay for the gift did they? No probably not! So why do they charge people money for a read?? I never do I don't see why they do. Am I wrong to think and feel this way????   Thoughts anyone???

Blessings and Protection Rory
Smiley

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #167 - 03/29/13 at 12:04:05

yes you're wrong, Rory, in my eyes anyway,. I charge for readings. I write full time, to do a reading means losing upwards of 1 1/2 hours of writing time. So, I get paid. I also realise that people value something they have paid for far more than a freebie.
You could call it a gift, but if you consider, as has been said on many threads here, that EVERYONE is psychic and those of us who make it are those who WORK at it, then we are entitled to be paid.
Singers, actors, writers, all have a 'gift'. they get paid, right? Because you don't charge doesn't make your readings any more valid than mine.

What we are NOT entitled to do and should not do is demand money within a time span and pressure people into paying. That is not the way it works.

Some of us need to make a living. We don't do it by expensive flashy advertising or getting ourselves on TV but week after week mediums stand on platforms in churches and preach and give clairvoyance. Are you saying they shouldn't be paid to give up a Sunday, pay travelling expenses, give of their EXPERTISE rather than GIFT? Would you travel from county to county and not be paid?

I think this old fashioned thinking needs to be thrown out. I commit myself to spirit, writing their books for them, leading services here on the island (free) when needed, sitting circle regularly and faithfully to develop (without getting paid for travelling 1 1/2 hours every week) so that I have this 'gift' to offer to those who ask for reading. I am entitled to be paid. My friend, who oversaw my development, does 1 hour telephone readings, taped. Is he not entitled to money for that, as he has to buy the tapes, and then post them off as well?
What readings do you do? Face to face, no postage, no paper, no ink, no nothing but your time?

I am a member of the Spiritualist Workers Association and pay insurance yearly to cover me for legal fees and other problems that arise from damn fool people who sue mediums for the most  stupid things. The last big case was a woman who was told she would move into a house in 18 months time. She moved to a bungalow and sued the medium for false representation. It was thrown out but it took 1 3/4 years of expensive unnecessary legal wrangling to get there. Now you see why we need to be paid? A free reading would have been an insult if that had happened!!

How new are you to the spiritual business? I think you have a way to go, or at least spirit is telling me that. Your eyes need to be opened to ALL that the human side of life can throw at you. I've been insulted, abused, slandered, libelled, in spiritualist newspapers, on forums, at an AGM at church (along with friends, I might add) and still  I stand here proudly saying 'I am a medium.' Sometimes it takes real courage to do that. Spirit tell me you've not been tested that way yet, but you will be. Big time. Watch out for it coming your way.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #168 - 03/29/13 at 12:45:17

more thoughts. If you think someone is trying to con money from you, check them out on the Internet. I know there are several sites where people can leave comments on psychics that are not what they seem. I am registered with one to receive emails and have thoroughly checked out another one, too. Mostly, beware of sites that offer a 'free' reading. They are usually computer generated and just want money.
I can recommend genuine working psychics if anyone wants recommendations.
Now ebay has dumped all its paranormal listings, you need recommendations! I found two of my best readers through ebay, sad they decided to go that course. We all have to find out for ourselves who reads best for us.

IP Logged

cheyenne
Moderators

HEALING THE WORLD WITH
LOVE
Canada
Reply #169 - 03/29/13 at 15:16:47

I think whether or not people charge or not should be a personal choice . Some like Rose explained have expenses and some do not. I dont think either way is wrong.
I personally will never charge that is my choice. As per my beliefs and my faith I will honor God and he will provide and truly has so far . If you think God cant provide a room or paper or time available or even transportation .. Guess again LOL
I dont judge others if they think differently we all have different paths..
Just follow your own heart in what you Believe .. Dont judge others if they see it differently .. Wink

We-ya-'maa
A woman's medicine pertains to her natural personal affinity to create and bring forth life, nurture and foster love for her children, her partner, her family and  bring love to the world

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #170 - 03/29/13 at 15:22:43

agreed, Cheyenne!!!

IP Logged

Rory
Full Member Level 4

Psychic/Medium
US
Reply #171 - 03/29/13 at 19:35:29

Very nicely put Cheyenne. I choose not to charge.

Blessings and Protection Rory
Smiley

IP Logged

Ophelia
Moderators

I See Dead People
San Deezy
Reply #172 - 04/11/13 at 13:52:00

I agree with Rose, I do think there are situations where I wont charge people, however.  yes this is a gift, but so it writing, acting, heck what about beautiful painting that go for millions? the artist (or us) has an amazing talent naturally maybe it came from spirit maybe he trained just like us. our gifts have come to us is many different way like just the same the artist gets paid for his talents should we not? However, I think to charge outlandish prices are ridiculous. i see mediums charging 400$ an hour who are not any more gifted than I, never have been publicly now as in on tv and such so there is no manager fees and what not. I do not believe one should charge prices that are so outlandish. I think we at times have a hard enough time having to go through the barriers that have been created by charlatans and such cold readers preying on peoples emotions and wallets, if I can cover my costs for gas or insurance, i'm good.  If there is people that need my help and I know they are truly in pain, such as a recent loss or such things related I wouldn't charge, why place another burden on their plate when its full.  There are plenty of people who want reading for groups or parties and such, why shouldn't I charge for that. its all going to come down to preference, of the reader, I choose to decide the situtation and see on a per sitter basis.

Blessed Be,
Ophelia
In Chat
Tuesday & Thursday
9:30 - 10:30pm GMT
1:30 -   2:30pm PST
4:30 -   5:30pm EST

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #173 - 04/11/13 at 14:16:42

good post, Ophelia. I am often invited to a Ladies Night where I can do as many as 10 tarot readings, for which I charge £5 a time, which is what, somewhere near $10? and that's it. I work all evening for that rate. I charge a bit more for readings done at home but then I am using different sets of cards, the I Ching and all for the person. If there is genuine need, no charge.  For all else, I charge. I am going to a clairvoyant evening next week, the ticket cost me £7.50 for that.

IP Logged

Ophelia
Moderators

I See Dead People
San Deezy
Reply #174 - 04/11/13 at 14:39:38

Rose, this is exactly how i was thinking, when i am ready to actually do work other than just practice (though its all in some way practice and growth) i think exactly how your charging, never more than reasonable, and never to someone who is in dire need.  never prey on desperation. That is exactly what gives people who practice a bad name. Unfortunately I  see it everyday, which is why i looking for a new trainer/ teacher. just makes me sick when it happens.

Blessed Be,
Ophelia
In Chat
Tuesday & Thursday
9:30 - 10:30pm GMT
1:30 -   2:30pm PST
4:30 -   5:30pm EST

IP Logged

jennb
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

North Dakota
Reply #175 - 05/22/13 at 06:41:19

I agree move on. This whole desperation your feeling will pass. Time really does heal. I've been there.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #176 - 05/22/13 at 12:21:44

I read for someone the other night. She asked no questions, I just did a reading. She wrote to say she hadn't understood any of it, and here were the questions she meant to ask. Every one had already been answered, she wasn't looking at my words. So I set it out all over again and threw in some agony aunt advice too, for no extra money. The desperation was there but unfortunately, of her own making. Nothing anyone can do about that.

IP Logged

EnchantedSoul
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #177 - 05/28/13 at 03:41:17

Shekiba, from one woman to another, I can honestly tell you that this whole situation is a blessing in disguise. If you were to look at the bigger picture, you would see that any man who treats you wrong, is not the man for you. You are deserving of someone respectful, not petty or mean. I would suggest taking this time to focus on YOU. Do something for yourself besides focusing on Aziz. Naturally, when you start seeing to your needs and wants to a healthy degree, the right man will come along when you least expect it, and I suspect he will sweep you off your feet Smiley.

-EnchantedSoul

IP Logged

Asuka
Interim Member Level 5

Ohio
Reply #178 - 11/08/13 at 12:36:12

I personally must say it is up to the querent to make a decision whether to pay a psychic or not, but at the same time a good psychic would not put a ridiculous charge for one tarot reading. Use your instincts and trust your guides. If you feel uncomfortable then walk away, but for the most part I take donations because times are rough not having a job or paid work and I determine to do free readings if the person really needs help. Sometimes doing tarot readings take a toll on the psychic's own health or well-being so it really depends on the case. Everyone has a purpose to heal others or guide them in the right path.

IP Logged

LauraAB

I Love The Paranormal

VA
Reply #179 - 12/08/13 at 00:50:03

I don't think there is anything wrong with charging, but depends on how much. Me, I wouldn't charge because I'm not confident enough in my reading and I honestly get nervous in the tag classes too cus i'm afraid of being wrong.

IP Logged

falnangl325

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #180 - 12/18/13 at 08:20:02

You are going to be able to see the reasons before you know it. Don't dwell on the situation and the better things are going to come to you. Do not fret about this boy, he is not worth it. Trust that God is leading you in the right direction. The people here are always very helpful if you truly need an answer, just ask them. Smiley I wish you the best of luck.

IP Logged

Kraudens

I Love The Paranormal

Arizona
Reply #181 - 05/28/14 at 23:30:14

I was in very real distress over a "bad" spirit.  Looking for answers I went to a psychic in town.  I had never been to a psychic before and didn't know what to expect.  Ten minutes and $80 later she told me I had a problem, an attachment and she could get rid of it in 6 weeks for $6800 dollars.  I couldn't believe it!  

She "guessed" at some things in my life, very general things and not one confirmer.  She guessed these things as she turned over her cards.

Needless to say, but I will anyway, I didn't pay $6800 to get the spirit "removed" and continued searching for answers and help.

Oh and by the way her services were "tax deductible".

IP Logged

MishaP
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #182 - 08/03/14 at 17:39:22

I had a psychic reading a week ago. She asked A LOT of questions. Including why I thought somebody I asked about was my twin flame. I thought "surely, she can see if this person really is my twin flame or not, can't she?". I asked if that person was my twin flame and why that person was in my life. The psychic couldn't give me an answer and said I might find out in the future. That annoyed me as before booking I told her what I wanted to find out and asked if it was something she could look into. She just told me to go ahead and book a reading, so I did. I expected to find out the answers to the questions I asked.

IP Logged

Riean
Junior Member Level 3

Walking the Path of Love
and Light
USA
Reply #183 - 09/09/14 at 04:43:58

I've experienced a "psychic" like that once. I was 19 years old and in college; I went to see a psychic across the way from the university I was attending. I asked what her price was, and she said "whatever you could afford"...I was then led to a table where she pulled a couple cards on me, and began to look into a romantic situation I was stuck on. She got fairly positive messages from it, and seemed accurate. Later on that year, I went to her frequently about this situation, and she began saying things like "I could do this spiritual ritual, but it would cost you." I asked her how much, and she responds "whatever you can afford, maybe 300 dollars (which was what I had on me). Finally, I realized I was being duped, and toyed with because of my emotional attachment to te situation. She was taking advantage of my feelings, and it was even more painful because she was relatively accurate.

It sickens me that some psychics can use their ability and pray upon people's weaknesses.... but it happens far too much. I don't know if they're so desperate for cash they need to go to such extremes or not .. .but it gives us legitimate psychics/readers a bad name...

"We are so captivated by and entangled in our subjective consciousness that we have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions." ~ Carl Jung

IP Logged

cotch
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #184 - 09/14/14 at 11:34:24

Reading the comments here, thought if put in my 2 cents.. I'm not psychic, but for a while have desperately wanted a reading but from someone I know won't take me for a ride, paying isn't an issue but it worries me I'll pay the wrong one and it will discredit all of you to me.. It's such a minefield!

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #185 - 09/14/14 at 15:12:57

check reviews, ask people who have had readings, that kind of thing. Google any Big Names you see - some have 'anti' websites which show them up as frauds and fakes, so a quick google check will set your mind at rest on that point.

Look at the sites on google and then check if there are any adverse comments against their listing, see who comes out on top. There are a lot of GOOD mediums out there.

IP Logged

cotch
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #186 - 09/14/14 at 15:25:23

I've tried that if I'm honest but most I find on google and YouTube seem to be premium phone numbers. Maybe when I return to my roots it'll be easier to find recommended ones.

IP Logged

Rose Rivers
Moderators

With spirit I have truly
come alive
Isle of Wight
Reply #187 - 09/14/14 at 16:37:51

you could try checking out mind body spirit magazines who have small ads. Not everyone uses premium lines, the mediums I go to don't. I could recommend someone who will send you a spoken one by email, if that's any use to you, someone who has read for me several times and been very accurate.
check the website for Dusty Mario. He's a Romany. I am not being paid for this recommendation! He doesn't know about it. You will go in with no prior knowledge on his part.

IP Logged

cotch
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #188 - 09/14/14 at 22:32:06

Rose Rivers wrote on 09/14/14 at 16:37:51:
you could try checking out mind body spirit magazines who have small ads. Not everyone uses premium lines, the mediums I go to don't. I could recommend someone who will send you a spoken one by email, if that's any use to you, someone who has read for me several times and been very accurate.
check the website for Dusty Mario. He's a Romany. I am not being paid for this recommendation! He doesn't know about it. You will go in with no prior knowledge on his part.

Thank you for that I'll definitely look into it!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print